Fox Sports Southwest and the many versions

CaseLogic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
So Fox Sports Southwest actually has different versions of it. I can tell you for sure that the one in Dallas, TX is different than here in Austin, TX. We missed out on a Texas basketball game because we were getting the best damn sports show from Dallas, great.

Their customer service is full of morons, so do you guys know if it's possible for us to get the RIGHT feed? Do they carry all the feeds of FS:SW? Or are we stuck with out of market Dallas for our "local" Fox Sports channel?

if there is more than one feed try checking the alternate sports channels (444-454)

Alot of the "extra" FSN feeds (Wisconsin, Houston, Indiana) that are just name changes for games end up there

it wasn't on any of the alt channels. but it was part of the PPV gameplan package, which means they have to have the feed, right?

edit: well, it didn't list it on the guide

The game was on an alt channel. It was shown on the fssw houston feed.
Yup, it was televised on an ALT channel. Make sure you have all of the ALT channels unblocked, and either check the channels out manually or do a search for "Texas" (the ALT channels list games by team names, not like the standard channels which just list "College Basketball").

I figured it was on alt feed as I have seen college games on there that we wouldnt get on our local FSN.....usually not blacked out

Because Austin, TX is part of the Spurs territory. For all big 4 sports in North America they typically have an 'x' radius from the city that the team is in that is exclusive to that team, with all towns falling outside of that radius being dived up - although in some cases there is only 1 team that claims that area is part of the teams region, where as others such as Vegas for MLB have like 6 teams who say it is part of their region.

The NBA (as has the other pro sports) has assigned each team a territory. Those rarely overlap. I used to have a link to an assignment list based on county zip codes. There were a few counties in central and east Texas that were in two markets and I found only one county (I think it was the just north or northeast of Austin) that was in the territory of all three Texas NBA teams.
And do not ask about a link, the computer with the link crashed last March and I was not able to salvage any links from the hard drive. Perhaps someone else has it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts