Commitment Plan

bobsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Alpena, MI
I've looked everywhere on my Dish bill and online but cannot find where to look to see when my Dish 2-year commitment ends. For all I know, I may not even have one anymore. How do I find out short of calling Dish?

Go back and look when your first billing statement was. I think it keeps a record online of all the bills

I've been with Dish for many years but have done many changes, upgrades, etc. since then. It would be nice if Dish specified it someplace.

Reactions: Jim S.
Also wondering, when I change programming, does that reset the commitment or does the reset only pertain to equipment upgrades?

It's not on a bill or online. You have to contact a rep, recommendations would be to do it through a DIRT member here. There's a very good reason they do that.

Equipment upgrades that you PURCHASE will not extend your contract. I mention that because with DirecTV, even if you purchase something, they consider it theirs and you have to send it back, and it restarts a new contract, which is stupid. I like the way Dish does it much better.

Reactions: Tampa8
I've been with Dish for many years but have done many changes, upgrades, etc. since then. It would be nice if Dish specified it someplace.

They won't because they don't want to remind you that you have options to go elsewhere.

They would much rather have you call and ask if your in a contract so they can ask questions and offer you an upgrade or discount, then to let you know your out of contract so you make plans to switch and Dish gets the call to disconnect after you already switched

Reactions: Mo Fly and Mr Tony
It could be prior to that... If they were on pause or spent some time in a disconnect.
Maybe. I just know that, on my account, the payment history / bill history only goes back exactly two years, and I just completed a disconnect / reconnect. (Disconnected in May, reconnected today)

If you go on pause, the commitment is pushed for the equivalent amount of time. Same with if you disconnect, then reconnect to avoid the ETF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts