Compare 540-01 non-HDR with 540-04 HDR

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I would like owners with different TV’s to compare and comment on their perceived differences between the game on 540-01 and 540-04. Include the model of your TV along with your comments.

On my Sony XBR-65X900E channel 540-04 shows up as HDR with very vivid colors that appear to be over saturated. The picture is much darker and all the menus are very dark.
Channel 540-01 is much brighter and the colors more subdued. The menus all appear normal brightness.

Now what do others see?

I am watching on my Vizio P75-C1 on channel 540-04. I am seeing 4K HDR10. The colors are way over saturated. 540-01 is showing the regular 4K picture and it is not crisp at all. This is a first, having HDR for anything other than the Olympics. I anticipate that the HDR will get better. Maybe the Saturday Big 10 Championship game will be not only in HDR but with a really good picture like I see on my Roku.

Bobby I agree with you. Dish is currently testing since the Guide for 540-04 is not advertising the game. Hopefully they will get better as they test.
I am curious whether owners with a 4K Joey can watch 540-04. In the past 4K Joeys could not do 4K HDR.
When I turn HDR off on my Sony TV the picture on 540-04 matches the picture on 540-01. So HDR is boosting the color but it is way to much causing the colors to become over saturated. I thought it might be my TV and that is why I wanted others to comment.

Reactions: KaptainRandom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)