Compare 540-01 non-HDR with 540-04 HDR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I would like owners with different TV’s to compare and comment on their perceived differences between the game on 540-01 and 540-04. Include the model of your TV along with your comments.

On my Sony XBR-65X900E channel 540-04 shows up as HDR with very vivid colors that appear to be over saturated. The picture is much darker and all the menus are very dark.
Channel 540-01 is much brighter and the colors more subdued. The menus all appear normal brightness.

Now what do others see?

I am watching on my Vizio P75-C1 on channel 540-04. I am seeing 4K HDR10. The colors are way over saturated. 540-01 is showing the regular 4K picture and it is not crisp at all. This is a first, having HDR for anything other than the Olympics. I anticipate that the HDR will get better. Maybe the Saturday Big 10 Championship game will be not only in HDR but with a really good picture like I see on my Roku.

Bobby I agree with you. Dish is currently testing since the Guide for 540-04 is not advertising the game. Hopefully they will get better as they test.
I am curious whether owners with a 4K Joey can watch 540-04. In the past 4K Joeys could not do 4K HDR.
When I turn HDR off on my Sony TV the picture on 540-04 matches the picture on 540-01. So HDR is boosting the color but it is way to much causing the colors to become over saturated. I thought it might be my TV and that is why I wanted others to comment.

Reactions: KaptainRandom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)