Comparing prices apple to apple between Dish and Comcast

cconti

Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
sacramento
I Have grown really sick of Comcast complacency and "I could care less" service. I realize that the grass is hardly greener on the other side, but I figure at least I would like to have the satisfaction of telling Comcast to stuff it and sever my over 10 years relationship with them.

One problem I am having is trying to forecast what my bill with Dish is going to be. All the "special offers" and 3 month free this and that make it very hard to figure out what I will pay monthly.

Here is my current situation (I am in the Sacramento CA area):

3 TV sets (1 DVR HD, 1 regular cable box, 1 cable directly in cheap TV)
Basic cable + premium basic (or whatever they call it) + HBO

I Have comcast for Internet but I Have their business line, so I get no special discount. For my phone I Have Vonage.

So my cable TV only once everything has been said and done is $185 a month (At least I think but I'll check tomorrow).

I was thinking of getting Dish TV for the 3 TV (only 1 in HD but I may add a second HD tv soon).

The channels I watch the most are (beside network TV) TNT, USA, and their ilk, plus anything like History Channel, Discovery and so forth. No sports. The only sport I watch are motorsports (and not Nascar at that, mostly F1 and American lemans - push come to shove I can watch iton the web where I end up watching it anyway).

I have tried using DISH calculator but obviously it doesn't tell you the whole story and it's not clear if the price is only for a limited time. If it's not, it seems an equivalent package is easily 1/2 the price of what I am paying and that seems strange.

Given all this, should I make the switch? Or are the savings ultimately not worth it?

Your probably looking at a 722HD/DVR receiver that can handel 2 televisions, plus a 211 which can do 1 television.

So the way it would break down...

TV 1.......HD/DVR
TV 2.......SD/DVR
TV 3.......HD No DVR

Based on thge channel you mentioned, Americas Top 120 would probably work for you. So here is the price breakdown...

Americas Top120............$44.99/mo
DVR Service...................$6.00/mo
Addl Receiver.................$7.00/mo
HBO.............................$16.00/mo
HD Access....................$0/mo (With credit card autopay & paperless billing)

Total with no discounts...$73.99/mo

$15 off for 12 months....($15.00/mo)
HBO Free for 3 months...($16.00/mo)

Total............................$42.99/mo

Keep in mind that HBO is free for 3 months with credit card autopay and paperless billing, and HD is free for life with credit card autopay and paperless billing.

Other than that, if you sign up through the Dishstore (800-807-0837) we are offering a $75 Visa Gift card for new customers which is above and beyond the current DISH Network promotions. Or if you go with DISH Networks Top 200 package which is $10 more per month, you would qualify for a $125 Visa Gift card.

Hope this helps

Claude Greiner
Dishstore.net (Site sponsor)
800-807-0837

Post denied

I had all sorts of nice retorts and intelligent points, but my post was denied and all I wrote wiped out. So thank you and I'll let you all wonder about the incredibly intelligent and witty remarks I made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts