Comparing signals on here for the microhd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I noticed that compared to my pansat that the micro has a lower signal quality readout, however I think i am fully locked in.

I am posting some of my sats and tps on here, can anyone verify if i am getting top notch signal or maybe if i should try to tune it in better. I am rarely getting 80's on this receiver.

amc 6 72 75% quality on the nbc mux tp

amc 9 83 71% quality on the rtv transponder, 76% on my strongest tp

g17 91 abc now tps 12009 v 11574 s.r 76% quality

95 galaxy 3 11780 h 20760 76%

97 g28 11842 h 22000 tp 76%

123 sat g18 daystar transponder 71%

125 amc 21 pbs hd transponders 82%

What are some of you guys pulling in strength wise? It seems this receiver gives a 10-15 point lower reading on quality than the pansat does. Fine with me though, unless someone is hitting all 90's on these! lol

All receivers read differently.

The numbers you show are what I am getting too. Rarely will you see a signal higher than a 74 or so....I know LPB gives me a 80/82 but thats the highest I've ever seen
Pansats go up to 99.
My Coolsat 5000 stops at 82
I've had older receivers max out near 60 (which really sucked) and some that showed 98 even if it barely was above threshold

Signal quality is subjective to NO particular scale regardless of receiver. It could be programmed to show 125% quality, like some Dish receivers, which might be only 80% on a different one.

Anyway, to get anything usable out of your request, you need to also point out what state and city you are in, and what size dish and lnb you are using, what channels and sat you are pointing at, etc. Personally it's my belief that anything above 70% is very good for standard signal quality. Just peak it as best as you can get it, and it should be good.

Yes I tuned it for a while when I set up my south sat at 93.1 and i used the wright patterson tp since it is one of the lower quality ones for me, i never got it any higher than what i ended up with, maybe 1 pct.

BTW I am using a 1.2 meter dish with a dg-280 and live 65 miles east of Houston,Tx. funny when I lived closer to houston my longitude was 95.2 and my due sat at the time was at 95.0. now just 60 miles away my longitude is 93.9.! Seems it wouldnt be that much different for only 60 miles. Heck I once lived 190 miles from houston but had almost the same exact longitude as i did in houston.

Yeah I might have 4 tps in my arc that i am getting low to mid 80's on. So I guess I am gonna say a 70 on the micro is really like being at 85 pct.

comparing signals on receivers always reminds me of my dads favorite question, "How long is your rope?" And I finally got the courage to ask him that question, his reply was, "13." I asked him "13 what?" and he said, " just 13, like "J"". The letter J was his middle name - no period after it, just J.

So comparing signals, there is no identifier to the units. They are just numbers......

It would be great if the microHD's meter could be tweaked to be more accurately descriptive of quality than the meters in the other ALI-based receivers.

I remember sometime ago, Brian said they were looking into tweaking the meter. If this is possible, it would be fantastic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts