Compatability question with VOIP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spensib

Original poster
May 15, 2004
I live in the NYC area. I have DTV with Tivo. I am interested in getting ATT VOIP. I am in the process of selecting a high speed internet provider. I am looking at EarthLink cable or Verizon FIOS. Does anyone know if there are problems with the Tivo units making the required phone call?? Any preference to EarthLink or Verizon? Thank you

I have DTV, Vonage and a cable internet connection. My Tivo has been unable to call home for almost a year now. Aside from an annoying screen reminding me that the unit hasn't connected in X days, I have had no problems.

VOIP no problem

I am using Comcast high speed and Vonage.

I had to do the origonal set up over a land line. Connected to Vonage afterwards and I make my daily calls with out any problems.

gibbsjf53 said:
I am using Comcast high speed and Vonage.

I had to do the origonal set up over a land line. Connected to Vonage afterwards and I make my daily calls with out any problems.

Care to share your dial-in settings? Different people get different settings to work. I've never been able to and am always looking for another option.

I have the Tivo and ATT Callvantage and have never had any problems with my D* receivers making their calls.

i have adelphia and vonage and i know with tivo the first dial up must be made with a land line so we had to take it to the parents house to setup which all the instructions are in the manual... after that then you can use the high speed to dial in.

I have ATT CallVantage and never changed anything, and none of my 4 receivers ever missed a call.

I have just switched to CallVantage and have no problems dialing in. I did enable fax/modem support just in case. It should work out of the box.

Ted

NateDawg said:
Care to share your dial-in settings? Different people get different settings to work. I've never been able to and am always looking for another option.

I have not changed any thing from the original set up.

I originally went with Comcast Digital Phone and I had problems with the daily call.
I called Comcast tech support and a day later I was completing the calls.

I think they adjusted the throughput or speed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)