Compensation for the Directv Lies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Mods, is there any way to require some sort of 'donation' from posters who keep posting on & on & on & on and just won't let it go? LOL... You guys could make a fortune!

Hey Mods, is there any way to require some sort of 'donation' from posters who keep posting on & on & on & on and just won't let it go? LOL... You guys could make a fortune!

Yeah...you don't want to foster any actual conversations on here.............

LOL

Yeah...you don't want to foster any actual conversations on here.............

LOL

I'd love to see an actual conversation, instead of conspiracy theories about companies lying to customers or a bunch of 'he said, she said' nonsense about why the new HD is not rolled out yet.

Here's a thought, maybe just maybe there is a valid reason that D* hasn't lit up the channels, and because the only promise that I've ever seen said that the rollout would happen in September, D* is pretty much still on target. If 10/01 rolls around and no new HD, then yes there is a problem.

If I were in charge of a massive new rollout of any kind, you can bet I'd make very certain that all of the kinks were ironed out before I released any information stating that the new product/service/whatever was ready for the public.

Seriously, I'm sure that D* has their contracts with the various networks in place already, which means that there is a chance that they are already paying for those new channels (which they can't yet recoup). The new satellite is obviously working based on all of the tests that have been going on over the past 24-48 hours, so that's not the hold up.

If D* were ready to launch the new content, what valid reason would they have for holding it back? I'm sure that they are aware of this thread, and many many others. They already know that their subs (of which I'm one) are hungry for new HD content. They already know that we were crossing our fingers for a release earlier this month.

The bottom line is that the only reasonable conclusion is that there is some reason or glitch unknown to us that is causing the holdup and they would not be required to explain it to us what so ever.

So to that end, the title of the thread is "Compensation for the Directv Lies?" My question is exactly when has D* lied? And I mean in print.... Not some "My CSR said" garbage.

I am starting to see that if D* came to your house, took a dump on your lawn, and then killed all your roses your response would be "they must have had a good reason for it................."

It is not just about this specific date or that specific date, its that the waiting is getting old and about RESPECT for their customers, nothing more...............

I did not just buy my HD t.v at Wal-mart last weekend, I have had an HD t.v for quite some time, and have been waiting for these channels much longer than others.

Tell Directv that you will pay your bill this spring and then don't do it. See how fast they will show their loyalty to you for all the loyalty you show to them.

I don't know what any body's connection to Directv on here is, but apply some critical thinking skills and look at this from an OUTSIDERS P.O.V. Through all the speculation and all the b.s., what have they done except repeat bloated misleading advertising that has been rammed down our throats ALL YEAR? No new programing, no new nothing, while others have left them in the dust. They launch a satellite, late. A now the thing won't work. I can imagine the discussion. "The damn thing don't work. What should we do now? I know, we'll change the website in the middle of the night and nobody will know................."

I give up on the CS thing, I can see that many of you do not know anyone who works in this field and will not realize that these people can only tell customers what the company allows them to say. They don't just make things up. Most everything is a poorly written script that must be read almost verbatim. You know that recording that says "calls may be monitored and recorded..................." They almost all are recorded and many are reviewed for accuracy. So, if a CS person tells you something, its not a rumor or speculation, someone has told them they can release that OFFICIALLY.

Directv has been misleading, and they have sold subscriptions based upon things that they still cannot deliver. And they don't have the respect to say why....................

I think the best part about all this is that most of you defending Directv have to call people names or say that they need to grow a pair........

That shows the level of intelligence that is present with these people.........

Enough said.

about time

I am starting to see that if D* came to your house, took a dump on your lawn, and then killed all your roses your response would be "they must have had a good reason for it................."

It is not just about this specific date or that specific date, its that the waiting is getting old and about RESPECT for their customers, nothing more...............

I did not just buy my HD t.v at Wal-mart last weekend, I have had an HD t.v for quite some time, and have been waiting for these channels much longer than others.

Tell Directv that you will pay your bill this spring and then don't do it. See how fast they will show their loyalty to you for all the loyalty you show to them.

I don't know what any body's connection to Directv on here is, but apply some critical thinking skills and look at this from an OUTSIDERS P.O.V. Through all the speculation and all the b.s., what have they done except repeat bloated misleading advertising that has been rammed down our throats ALL YEAR? No new programing, no new nothing, while others have left them in the dust. They launch a satellite, late. A now the thing won't work. I can imagine the discussion. "The damn thing don't work. What should we do now? I know, we'll change the website in the middle of the night and nobody will know................."

I give up on the CS thing, I can see that many of you do not know anyone who works in this field and will not realize that these people can only tell customers what the company allows them to say. They don't just make things up. Most everything is a poorly written script that must be read almost verbatim. You know that recording that says "calls may be monitored and recorded..................." They almost all are recorded and many are reviewed for accuracy. So, if a CS person tells you something, its not a rumor or speculation, someone has told them they can release that OFFICIALLY.

Directv has been misleading, and they have sold subscriptions based upon things that they still cannot deliver. And they don't have the respect to say why....................

I think the best part about all this is that most of you defending Directv have to call people names or say that they need to grow a pair........

Enough said.[/quo

I've kibitzed long enough...

and YES I have read the thread, since the start and even thew in my own lousy attempt at a joke early on, (sorry about that) so don't throw that card out.

The problem is not just that it did not work this time, that it has been "soon" for quite some time, and they will give us no other information. I have been waiting for these channels for 12 months+, and I think its time to stop the excuses.

You mean like no Satellite in orbit?

They have been promising the channels for a year or more, just because it took them this long to launch the thing does not mean that "it's only been a month". They hyped and hyped and have blown past deadlines and are now rushing to meet the "end of the year" so that they are not accused of false advertising.

Past deadlines? Which ones?

You mean the one that said, (paraphrasing here) by the end of 2007 we will have the capacity of up to 150 national HD channels.

If I set a date for something, I know IN ADVANCE that I can, without a doubt in my mind, meet that time line with time to spare. I don't wait till the last minute, and rush around and throw up my hands when things don't work. I understand that things go wrong, but you PLAN for that.

I set starting dates for million $$ projects that customers have signed contracts for my company to perform. I am a project manager it's what I do for living.

True story

So I have set my starting date and that day arrives, our equipment is on site, all personnel are on site, all materials have arrived and are staged. site logistics have been worked out, pre-construction have been held, even the location of the porta-johns was planned, the customer and many members of board of directors are there to watch the first activity of the project.

Guess what? No joy, It's raining, I cannot tear the roof off of a building that houses millions of dollars worth of telephone network switchgear and computers.

So does the customer complain? "You lied, you said you would start today, we've been planning this project for over a year, we have alot of money invested in this project"

NO!!!!

He does not the job started in the rain, So how do I plan ahead for that?

A date must be set, otherwise nothing gets done, If we cannot work on that day,

ANOTHER DAY is selected and we move on, hoping the next date is a day nice enough to work.

This happens, ALL THE TIME in my industry.

If D* did indeed throw the switch and the system belched,

I WANT them to take the time to make sure the next time they try, it doesn't happen again. A week, 2 weeks, I don't care, as long as in the end they get it right.

Enough said.

"most of you" is pretty strong statement.

Dersion and mocking are very poor responses in a debate on either side.

When you say enough said... Is that a promise?

paulsown,

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you won't let this alone. If you told me that you were doing something in September, and it wasn't complete by the 23rd, I might get concerned and then watch and see if you followed through by the end of the month.

As for your claim of defending D*, you have taken me out of context... I'm not defending anyone intentionally. I'm trying to make the point that today is September 23, not October 1st, and therefore D* hasn't broken any promise. I'll be upset if they don't deliver by 10/01, and then I'll make my calls to complain.

And in case you are wondering, no, I didn't buy my HD tv last week, nor did I just sign up for D*. Nor did I tell you to grow a pair of anything. (Nor do I care if you need to or not!)

As for D* (or anyone else) taking a dump on my lawn, that is a ridiculous comparison to this situation and doesn't even merit a discussion.

There... I said it... You can be upset for me calling your comparison ridiculous.

If you are getting upset by all of the replies to your post (and not just smirking quietly at the $%&^ you are stirring up), then close your browser and move on.

I am starting to see that if D* came to your house, took a dump on your lawn, and then killed all your roses your response would be "they must have had a good reason for it................." It is not just about this specific date or that specific date, its that the waiting is getting old and about RESPECT for their customers, nothing more............... I did not just buy my HD t.v at Wal-mart last weekend, I have had an HD t.v for quite some time, and have been waiting for these channels much longer than others.
I don't know what any body's connection to Directv on here is, but apply some critical thinking skills and look at this from an OUTSIDERS P.O.V. Through all the speculation and all the b.s., what have they done except repeat bloated misleading advertising that has been rammed down our throats ALL YEAR? No new programing, no new nothing, while others have left them in the dust. They launch a satellite, late. A now the thing won't work. I can imagine the discussion. "The damn thing don't work. What should we do now? I know, we'll change the website in the middle of the night and nobody will know................." I give up on the CS thing, I can see that many of you do not know anyone who works in this field and will not realize that these people can only tell customers what the company allows them to say. They don't just make things up. Most everything is a poorly written script that must be read almost verbatim. You know that recording that says "calls may be monitored and recorded..................." They almost all are recorded and many are reviewed for accuracy. So, if a CS person tells you something, its not a rumor or speculation, someone has told them they can release that OFFICIALLY. Directv has been misleading, and they have sold subscriptions based upon things that they still cannot deliver. And they don't have the respect to say why....................I think the best part about all this is that most of you defending Directv have to call people names or say that they need to grow a pair........ That shows the level of intelligence that is present with these people.........Enough said.

One has to wonder what ranting, raving, babbling, nonsensical childish immature prattle will flow from his keyboard after October 1st (along with his trademark periods)................:D

Last edited:

while i can agree with you to a point that if you call CS they are acting as a mouthpiece for a company; you're off on other things here. i lived in CSR heaven for 28 years in san antonio before moving out here to california last march. i went to night school majoring in network engineering, repaired and built cusom pc's on the side and made ends meet... as a CSR. i've worked as a CSR as an tech support person for a major southern DSL provider (think southeast), at a major bank (think recently merged with bank one), and an HD provider (think voom)!.

1- most CSR's are not even direct (no pun intended) employees of said companies. they are employees of a contractor who have high rise buildings, with normally 2 rooms per floor dedicated to a different company per room. it is easier and cheaper for a company to contract out this work than to build it's own CSR department.

2- it is amazing what i have heard other CSR's tell customers. and even more amazing at how fast these things become "official floor rumors". and still yet even more amazing for supervisors to perpetuate the rumors. all it is, is an easy way to reduce the abuse from customers and get them off the phone. remember, many CSR's are given incentives for having low call times. the faster you are gone the better.

3- almost all the calls being monitored is a huge myth. if you are calling a contracted CSR there is probably 1 quality control person per 50- 200 employees, who can field up to 2000 calls a day. there is NO way that every call can be monitored it is a HUGE amount of calls. the average QC person is lucky to listen to 100 maybe 200 calls in an 8 hour shift. the way they handle this shortcoming is to "sit" on a particular CSR"s calls for a few hours at a time. HOWEVER, there is always a "tip off" that you are being monitored. at some companies if you are being monitored, there is an echo in your headset. others a blinking icon. we weren't supposed to know this but, we did. and if you get the unlucky monitoring tip off, you are going to be spot on. until you know the monitoring is off. this method still leaves HUGE amounts of calls that never get heard.

4- being a CSR is an abusive job in MOST places. you take hell from customers, your boss and the turnover is high. many CSR's are kids in high school or college, retirees, people wanting to earn a few extra bucks, or quite honestly- people down on their luck. that doesn't imply they are stupid, i have met many, many, intelligent people in my days as a CSR. but, bottom line is:

usually at many of these places, turnover is SO high that the hiring standards are really, really bent. the one exception i found was the bank.

rumors fly, customers are lied to, and most CSR's do not care and will do what it takes to shut you up and get you off the phone.

thank god, i don't have to do that job anymore.

oh and one other thing, if you call at a late hour or on a day when Americans don't want to work (like a holiday), you're probably going straight to mumbai baby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts