Competition Heating Up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
As a dish subscriber Comcast is offering me:

29.99 digital cable with HBO and Showtime

29.99 High Speed internet...

FOR A YEAR for both.

HD is 9.95 for channels and box.

Pretty good deal, I say.

of note...

extra rooms are $4.00 each. The other tv is in the BR, which we mostly use for morning news and such, so I'll just split off, and run the cable straight into the TV.

Also, I'm not unhappy at all with Dish Network, but that deal is just too good to turn down.

I currently have Verizon DSL. But I can't be upgraded to 3Mbs service because i'm too far. Because comcast is 6Mbs, it will allow me to switch to Sunrocket for my phone service and feel comfortable that i'll get reliable service. All I have o do is go and get a APC for my computer and start saving big bucks!

What will the prices be after the Comcast promo is over? After my Comcast promotions were up I was paying $112/mth for Digital Plus (no HBO,SHO,etc) and High speed.I ended up switching to Dish. I was forced to keep Comcast HSI as DSL is not yet available here. Comcast customer service around here sucks and their prices are high. Dish is better and they offer a much wider variety of channels that Comcast doesnt even offer.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me provided signal quality is good. I've had Brighthouse cable's HD service for the last 3 months and half the time, their HD channels freeze. Their analog channels look good, but I would prefer watching the HD channels.

Back to your situation, I'd at least give them a try and if it works out, keep it a year. In a year's time, a lot can change.

Out here we've been trying to escape the phone company for ages, but cable internet wasn't an option until last year just as I got into a contract with sbc for dsl again, lol.

So now that that's over and we'll only be here a few more months, we called comcast, and they gave us a similar offer, but it isn't as good.

$39.95 for digital cable silver
$19.95 for cable internet (6/384)

The catch is that it's digital only on the 1st TV, the others are $6.95 per month each here o_O

The question's totally up there whether or not I'll keep the cable, but hey.. $40 for one month was cheaper than a $50 setup fee for cable, plus the internet's 2mbps faster downwards...

and we'll be getting dishnet back when we move because there's no comcast in vegas, just cox, which as I know has an awful rep ;)

No fair that you get better pricing, ours is only a 6 month one, but they offered me a regular expanded cable + internet for 49 a month for a year..

doesn't really matter lol.

Cox here is not bad but over priced. I just switched to Dish last week. Alot more channels for the price. Cox internet is flawless but $49 without a cable sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)