Complaints - Dish Remote Access (w/Sling) - Web page display

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Has anyone else complained to DISH yet about the problems with their "web page" for the "My DVR" page of Remote Dish Access (dish / sling web pages)

1) display "sort by" Date .. doesn't sort and display by Date Recorded ... it actually sorts Alphabetically by Date.

ie.. DVR recording NBC on Monday for 8pm / 9pm / 10pm of Chuck / The Cape / Harry's Law should be sorted by freshest recording to oldest recording... namely.. Harry's Law, The Cape, Chuck ...

but in the Web Page ... it goes by alphabet on that day .... Chuck / Harry's Law / The Cape.

2) And further, when you have two or more of some event ... I have two GLEE items on there.. it automatically GROUPS them (even if you rename them) and then shows them in the list of recordings, by the date of the FIRST recorded event..

so.. Glee from Tuesday of this week (which if I look at the 722k DVR's list is above Harry's law since that was monday and glee was Tuesday), will be grouped with a GLEE from THREE WEEKS AGO which.. on the web page.. is down some 20 "entries" from where it would be, if this was properly mimicing my 722k DVR's screen.

AND LASTLY

3) If you're already watching something (i have the sling adapter) on the web page .... it reduces the amount of space for accessing DVR content, or "The Grid" to such a small area, and doesn't always show scroll bars.

Case in point... the GROUPed GLEE episodes.. if I'm already watching something.. and I scroll down to where GLEE is.. I see that there are 2 episodes ... when I click that "episode" marker ... it takes me one level in ... and that "episode marker" is normally above where you would select the individual episodes.. and there would be a scroll bar on the right side...

but because the Video Window is opened.. I only get the "episode marker" visible.. and not the two episodes that should be visible or scroll-able too

see the attachment, the circled area shows how you can't start playing the item, because there's no "Play on web" button or option to get to it (no scroll bars on the right side)

This is my 1st real public complaint about this, but my 5th or 6th attempt (emails and chats) at getting DISH to see get some fixes started!

Anyone else bothered by these stupid kindergarden mistakes?

Attachments

• dish-remoteaccess.jpg
    dish-remoteaccess.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 334
Copy & paste your issues into the Feedback link on the bottom of the page. Sling developers will receive the feedback....
Have done that.. many times.. you would think at some point they might get the clue and post a "beta" or "we're working on it" page so that people would at least have some hope that they would be getting heard... but some of these things are just blatently idiotic. I mean really ... did they not have a DVR to look at and see how it sorts by date? ie.. date of most recently recorded item to oldest? ... and yet in their app they sorted alphabetically by date. And then worse, they group by default.. by names that *arent* visible to the customer any more (when looking at a DVR event, you rename it, but it keeps the old name when its "uploaded" for the DVR Web page)... it just pisses me off even more any time I think about it.. :(

I think what I'd like most.. is for everyone that's noticed these problems to also continually complain until Dish does something about it..

we're paying for a service, they certainly should have gotten some of these things in the beginning if not before they rolled it out to everyone.. and what we've noticed makes the service better for all..

Since it sucks so much, you can mail it to me okay? Lol im just kidding. I have the same issues. I just try to work around it. Good luck with the feedback.

Since it sucks so much, you can mail it to me okay? Lol im just kidding. I have the same issues. I just try to work around it. Good luck with the feedback.
HA! ... yeah.. there's issues... but not enough to give up the 99 dollar one time fee. Though had I to do over again.. I think I would have opted to do at least one as the Sling Box Pro ... more flexibility, less reliance on the "all mighty dish"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)