Complete install ? need to know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AnnD

Original poster
May 16, 2013
usa
well first I would like to say hello to everyone since I am new here, I want to do what many might think a unethical practice and if so, please do not get upset with me.

I would like to install a new direc tv system and share a family members existing box, Yes I know , what your about to say but I dont have all the excess cash that direc tv wants from me for years to come.

I have some knowledge and pretty good and installing things like this, the box they have is the newer H25 HD box and I want to install the dish, I've seen it done but truthfully not sure what to buy for the dish unit. I've done some reading any watched youtube videos on it. I was told I can do some shopping online at amazon , ebay and other places to buy the needed dish and supplies for the project.
What pointers could some of you give me on this ?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Sorry, but as you noted yourself, what you are asking about is called account stacking and isn't allowed.

Chip already answered. If you want the service you need to have an account. That simple. I don't mean to sound mean, it's just this is a means of living for a lot of people, me included. :)

Ok I understand I will just continue to search the web or other forums , thank you

To me it sounds like your asking how to add a box to an existing account & have a 2nd dish installed at another location so you can take that box back & forth. I'm certain that is what you meant.......right? :)

To me it sounds like your asking how to add a box to an existing account & have a 2nd dish installed at another location so you can take that box back & forth. I'm certain that is what you meant.......right? :)

That is exactly what I am asking for...!

Now that we're on the same page. If you want to add a box to your existing account like an h25 it will be leased & not purchased. Expect to pay $100 +/- for the receiver and extend your contract for 2 years, for another dish a slimline/swm retails to dealers for $116, expect to pay more than that. Another box adds $6 monthly to your account & then can be taken back & forth to where ever you're taking it to like a 2nd home, cabin, camper, etc.

Now that we're on the same page. If you want to add a box to your existing account like an h25 it will be leased & not purchased. Expect to pay $100 +/- for the receiver and extend your contract for 2 years, for another dish a slimline/swm retails to dealers for $116, expect to pay more than that. Another box adds $6 monthly to your account & then can be taken back & forth to where ever you're taking it to like a 2nd home, cabin, camper, etc.

Ok I understand but can yougive details on the dish that would be required, such as what type of dish would I have to buy and install for this box?

H25 receivers require a swm lnb on a slimline dish, whether or not you need an sl3 or sl5 depends on your local channels. Basically the sl3 looks at 3 sats at the same time & the sl5 looks at 5 sats at the same time.

H25 receivers require a swm lnb on a slimline dish, whether or not you need an sl3 or sl5 depends on your local channels. Basically the sl3 looks at 3 sats at the same time & the sl5 looks at 5 sats at the same time.

I do want the locals all so so would I have to go with the sl5 ? and do I need a amplifier or anything else?

To be on the safe side go with a sl5, in addition to the dish & sl5 lnb you would need a 21v power inserter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)