Complete List of HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fox McCloud

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
Could someone provide me with a complete list of channels in the $29.99 HD package? Also, could you include a brief description of what plays on each channel (there's a few, like Animal Planet, and the Science Channel, that make sense...but many of them, I have no clue what they're about).

Also, I'm seriously thinking about canceling Dish Network, because of some disappointments, etc; do you think I could get them to offer me the all-HD package for $24.99 a month and/or get the ViP 722 at a reduce cost/free?

I've been trying to build a list too. I modified this list from the HD channel comparison thread b/w Dish Network & DirecTV to fit my area:

A&E HD (118/9419)
Animal Planet HD (184/9489)
Discovery HD (182/9487)
Discovery HD Theater (9421)
Food HD (110/9462)
HDNet (9422)
HGTV HD (112/9461)
History HD (120/9491)
MHD (9469)
National Geographic HD (186/9429)
Science Channel HD (193/9490)
TBS HD (139/9499)
TLC HD (183/9488)
TNT HD (138/9420)
Universal HD (9427)
SciFi HD
USA HD
Animania HD (9474)
Equator HD (9471)
Gallery HD (9472)
Game Play HD (9485)
Rave HD (9470)
Treasure HD (9473)
UltraHD (9478)
HD News (9482)
CNN HD
HDNet Movies (9423)
Cinemax East HD (310/9458)
Cinemax West HD (514)
Family Room HD (9486)
Film Fest HD (9480)
Kung Fu HD (9479)
Monsters HD (9481)
World Cinema HD (9475)
Altitude HD (360)
BIG 10 HD (439-443 or 9500-9504)
ESPN HD (140/9424)
ESPN2 HD (144/9425)
FSN Northwest HD (376)
FSN Southwest HD (366)
FSN West HD (367)
NBA HD (561-572 or 9561-9572, 9466)
NFL Network HD (154/9426)
NHL Network (403 or 559)
VS/Golf HD (9468)
Rush HD (9476)
World Sport HD (9477)

I'm not really sure how the FSN channels work but assume they are regional... I'm really looking forward to Discovery HD, TLC HD, Animal Planet HD, National Geographic HD and Science Channel HD. If it's anything like PBS HD on the "Nature" shows, I anticipate it to be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

How can you be looking forward to Discovery HD and Science Channel HD when it's already listed?

Or are those announced launches?

THey are already active . The hd list I gave you in your other thread with another 22 hd channels would be added as well to the hd pack as well this year , except the premium movie channels( about 3) unless you sub to them in the premium movie packs they are associated with.

SO that is about 41 hd channels + 19 national hd channels= 60 national hd channels . If you have hd locals you get 4 more in hd + ota guide information for you ota locals that you can use for name based recording features other than manual timers like a vcr does.

If all you want is the hd pack then it will cost you 29.99 + 5.98 dvr fee +35.97 for about 60 hd channels by the end of 2008. NOt bad for about 36.00 bucks. THE most hd available for the lowest price. You can't get much better of a deal than that , not even with DIRECTV. THeir lowest introductory pack is the family pack at the same price and you add the dvr fee and it comes to 29.99+ 5.99 =35.98 a month and you have to add the tech fee of 9.99 to that and you pay 45.97 a month and only get about 4-6 hd channels in that pack. DISH wins in the hd pack stand alone price. THe most hd for the lowest price.

AS to the upgrade to the 722 you can get one for what ever you credit allows you. I believe that it would cost you 50.00 for a 622 to be sent to you if you install it yourself. I think it is more for the 722 and it has to be installed. Add an external hard drive ( pay 39.99 to activate the feature) and you can have as many external hard drives you want that you can archive your movies and shows to. IN the end if you want to save money only then ota would be your best value for your money. BUt no dvr yet for digital. THis July I have heard that ECHostar , the parent company of DISH , will offer a dvr with all the features of the 622 /722, guides and even external hard drive support, but no satellite. It will allow you to record two ota stations at the same time -including analog. THere is no dvr fee that we know of yet and it will cost you outright . The price isn't set yet .

THey are already active . The hd list I gave you in your other thread with another 22 hd channels would be added as well to the hd pack as well this year , except the premium movie channels( about 3) unless you sub to them in the premium movie packs they are associated with.

SO that is about 41 hd channels + 19 national hd channels= 60 national hd channels . If you have hd locals you get 4 more in hd + ota guide information for you ota locals that you can use for name based recording features other than manual timers like a vcr does.

If all you want is the hd pack then it will cost you 29.99 + 5.98 dvr fee +35.97 for about 60 hd channels by the end of 2008. NOt bad for about 36.00 bucks. THE most hd available for the lowest price. You can't get much better of a deal than that , not even with DIRECTV. THeir lowest introductory pack is the family pack at the same price and you add the dvr fee and it comes to 29.99+ 5.99 =35.98 a month and you have to add the tech fee of 9.99 to that and you pay 45.97 a month and only get about 4-6 hd channels in that pack. DISH wins in the hd pack stand alone price. THe most hd for the lowest price.

AS to the upgrade to the 722 you can get one for what ever you credit allows you. I believe that it would cost you 50.00 for a 622 to be sent to you if you install it yourself. I think it is more for the 722 and it has to be installed. Add an external hard drive ( pay 39.99 to activate the feature) and you can have as many external hard drives you want that you can archive your movies and shows to. IN the end if you want to save money only then ota would be your best value for your money. BUt no dvr yet for digital. THis July I have heard that ECHostar , the parent company of DISH , will offer a dvr with all the features of the 622 /722, guides and even external hard drive support, but no satellite. It will allow you to record two ota stations at the same time -including analog. THere is no dvr fee that we know of yet and it will cost you outright . The price isn't set yet .
'

Add another $5 if he wants those locals and guide data you were talking about.

now, I've heard the 722 can record OTA HD, I take it this is all based upon a manual timer you set (ie: record from 5:00PM to 5:31PM) or by pressing the record button?

Also, how are the OTA locals output? I know with my 625, if I have the antenna hooked up, it would only be output on the RF-out jack....with the 722, would it be output just the RF-out again, or the HDMI and component as well?

HDMI and component for tv1, the 722 does not have pass thru nor will it do anything with ota analogn just digital/HD and it is only on tv1 if used in dual user mode, although you can record the ota and watch on tv2 via the dvr. The 625 does allow pass thru but it is your tv which determines what you will have.

now, I've heard the 722 can record OTA HD, I take it this is all based upon a manual timer you set (ie: record from 5:00PM to 5:31PM) or by pressing the record button?

If you pay for locals (SD or HD off the satellite) then the 722 will provide guide data that will allow the setting of timers using the guide. This is very helpful when programs move around, and it means that timers will be listed under the program name, not just time/channel.

Also, how are the OTA locals output? I know with my 625, if I have the antenna hooked up, it would only be output on the RF-out jack....with the 722, would it be output just the RF-out again, or the HDMI and component as well?

OTA locals on the 622/722 can be viewed HDMI and component, and also on TV2 if you're in single user mode (i.e. if TV1 and TV2 outputs are showing the same thing).

CDH.

I don't want to pay $5 a month for guided OTA programming, when I can get all my locals (and a few not offered by Dish) for free in digital (and hi-def).

How does recording work with OTA+DVR without paying for locals.

Also, how does switching channels with OTA work? Do you leave the button on "satellite" and just enter in the channel (ie: 2, 7, etc)? or does the receiver have a separate RF input that controls only the OTA choices? (therefore you'd have to push the "TV" button first, then change channels).

I don't want to pay $5 a month for guided OTA programming, when I can get all my locals (and a few not offered by Dish) for free in digital (and hi-def).

Also, how does switching channels with OTA work? Do you leave the button on "satellite" and just enter in the channel (ie: 2, 7, etc)? or does the receiver have a separate RF input that controls only the OTA choices? (therefore you'd have to push the "TV" button first, then change channels).
You guys have to pay an additional $5 to get your OTA locals placed in the guide? If so, is this in addition to the $5 you already pay for locals?

The channels are in the guide, just no info as far as program or episode info. They just say 'Digital Service'. You can record by setting manual times (just like vcr's).
They would be numbered, main channel would be 002-01 and any subchannels 002-02; 002-03 ect. They are accessible just like any other sat channel.

You guys have to pay an additional $5 to get your OTA locals placed in the guide? If so, is this in addition to the $5 you already pay for locals?

No, the channels are in the guide whether you pay for you locals or not, if you do pay for your local package, then you get the program/episode info like most sat channels, it is one $5 charge for both. If you do not subscribe to your locals, they read as 'Digital Service'.

No, the channels are in the guide whether you pay for you locals or not, if you do pay for your local package, then you get the program/episode info like most sat channels, it is one $5 charge for both. If you do not subscribe to your locals, they read as 'Digital Service'.

Ahhh.... I see. Thanks!!!

The tight, seamless integration of ALL the OTA channels into the 622 EPG and the ability to pause, rewind, and record is WELL WORTH the $5/mo for locals on my HD Only package bill. One quick lunch these days is $5 so $5 per month is nothing. You can take home all the soda cans people throw away at work and make more than $5 a month.

Even the OTA channels Dish does not provide in their locals package still gets the full EPG and DVR treatment.

NICE! :up

The locals are pretty useful. The guide data is a big advantage. Networks move shows all the time and with guide data you can elect to only record new episodes. Also, of course you can record 3 networks at once with the locals (SD unless you are in an HD market).

I used to do the manual timer thing, but once you have the guide working for you, there is no turning back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)