COMPLETE NEWBIE HERE on c-band and 450 i info needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

r23k4u

Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
roanoke va
Sorry for the long subject guys but I needed someone that has REAL experience with the following cause I am screwed, separated from wife, lost job (got a new one today) and no freaking TV for 4 weeks cause I cant get my GENERAL INSTRUMENT 450 I and c-band dish hooked up and running. Here are the problems if you can help please. With any of them!@
1. I CANT WIRE THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER 450I CAUSE I GOT NO MANUAL NOW AND I CANT FIGURE WHERE ALL THE WIRES GO. Especially THOSE WIRE’S THAT GO IN THE LITTLE BUTTONS YOU CLOSE ON THE WIRE.
2. MY REMOTE WON’T WORK BUT I THINK I CAN SOLDIER IT TO CONNECT WITH BATTERY. Batteries ARE NEW OKAY, HA!
3. Cant FIND ANY DIAGRAMS, PIC'S OF THE BACK OF THE 450I TO WIRE THE THING. SO ANY PICTURE AND definitions, etc WOULD BE GREAT
4. IF THIS ALL WORKS BY SOMEONE WITH A MIRACLE AND KNOWS MY SYSTEM, HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SATELLITE ARE NOW. I MEAN I HAVE the G5,G1,F3, C1, ETC. OLD ONES. WAS WORKING AWESOME WHEN LAST USE AND NOW I WOULD LIKE TO RUN IT AND SEE HOW TO RUN FTA ON IT.
THANKS ALL
P.S.
ANY EXTRA KNOWLEDGE YOU CAN GIBE THE MORON LIKE ME ANY OTHER INFO ON This System AND DISH WOULD BE much APPRECIATED. NY EMAIL IS
r23k4u@yahoo.com or robandkitty@comcast.net
Again peace and thanks
Rob

You can't watch anything with the receiver you have there because it's an Analog only receiver.
I think there is like 6 channels on the whole c band that still broadcast in Analog and now and then some feeds.
But you need to spend some money andt buy a digital fta receiver to get all the channels that are there but it's a risky investment since c band looks like it's about to be phased out by the small dish companys

risky investment

but it's a risky investment since c band looks like it's about to be phased out by the small dish companys

risk 50-60 bucks
and go to ebay and pick up pansat 2700 or 2800 or coolsat 5000 or 6000.
also pick up a DIPLEXER SATELLITE SPLITTER that would be another $5 risk.
and you should be able to watch something for the next year or so.
good luck

I disagree with Cband going away. It may not be what it was 20 years ago but I've got plenty to watch.....and I don't pay either of the pizza guys to watch it....Long live free tv! Blind:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts