Complete & partial signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

acker1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
SE
I am getting these messages more & more times lately. Seems like it is mostly on my HD stations (sat 129?). Is this a receiver problem or a DISH problem?

Thanks
DICK

If it's a 722 with L676 software, it's more likely the software. There have been several threads about this problem. I've been getting it on the earc. And it's not the channel your watching. If you press guide then live TV you get the picture back and if you rewind, you'll find that you never lost the signal on that channel and all the video is still there.

If it's a 722 with L676 software, it's more likely the software. There have been several threads about this problem. I've been getting it on the earc. And it's not the channel your watching. If you press guide then live TV you get the picture back and if you rewind, you'll find that you never lost the signal on that channel and all the video is still there.
Have you check the threshold levels to make sure that this isn't a signal issue? I am installed EA due to NLOS for WA where I live and I haven't noticed this on my 722. I will keep an eye out for this though. If your signal are above the thresholds, send me a PM with your account information and I will submit a Technical Problem Report.

I encounter the same problems at times. My dish is aligned as good as it gets as I compared my signal levels with the threshold and average levels and I meet or exceed those in most cases. The dish is tight and doesn't move. What gets me is, that it doesn't necessarily happen in bad weather. It sometime occurs with blue skies and sunshine as well. One time it was even so bad, that after it came back and told me that the guide was outdated and had to be updated. So I let it do it's thing and then after about 10 minutes it told me the update failed. Every time I went to pull up the guide this game started over. So I ran the system info check and all came back green. But the guide wouldn't update. Kept failing. So I rebooted and it still wouldn't do it. I pulled the plug, no dice. I then forced my way through and ran a check switch, that caused the receiver to reboot. After it came back, I tried running another check switch. It worked this time and also updated the guide. This has been a month and not a glitch again. You tell me what this was about. I thought I had another one dying.
On a side note: Whenever I am on a weak OTA channel and I switch to a Dish channel, the signal loss screen pops up more frequently. I work my way around this by switching to the strongest OTA channel first and then to a Dish channel. That works about 99% of the time.

I encounter the same problems at times. My dish is aligned as good as it gets as I compared my signal levels with the threshold and average levels and I meet or exceed those in most cases. The dish is tight and doesn't move. What gets me is, that it doesn't necessarily happen in bad weather. It sometime occurs with blue skies and sunshine as well. One time it was even so bad, that after it came back and told me that the guide was outdated and had to be updated. So I let it do it's thing and then after about 10 minutes it told me the update failed. Every time I went to pull up the guide this game started over. So I ran the system info check and all came back green. But the guide wouldn't update. Kept failing. So I rebooted and it still wouldn't do it. I pulled the plug, no dice. I then forced my way through and ran a check switch, that caused the receiver to reboot. After it came back, I tried running another check switch. It worked this time and also updated the guide. This has been a month and not a glitch again. You tell me what this was about. I thought I had another one dying.
On a side note: Whenever I am on a weak OTA channel and I switch to a Dish channel, the signal loss screen pops up more frequently. I work my way around this by switching to the strongest OTA channel first and then to a Dish channel. That works about 99% of the time.
The guide not updating sounds like either a failing receiver or something with the signal causing it not to be able to download it. Does the signal fluctuate while on the signal strength screen?

I'll try a realignment when the rain stops (just started). I am a fulltime RVer and have been setting up my dish for 10 years using a BirDog meter. I was recently in Savannah, Ga parked in my SIL's driveway and ran my cable from her dish and the same thing was happening to both of us. She had a tech come out and he changed the LNB and checked everything out and it still did it occassionaly. From there I went to SC and it did it there also although it was different channels. Now in S. Illinois and doing it again. Different channels again. One of them is Investigation Discovery (ch 192) which I watch a lot. I am currently at Zip code 62959 and manual shows: AZ--223, EL--36, SK--123. Signal strengths as shown on TV: 119--49, 110--58, 129--30, all green.

I did check software (per post #4) and I have L676 software.And pressing 'guide' then 'live tv' doesn't make a difference.

The threshhold levels info was greek to me!

Thanks
DICK

I got it!!! I moved the dish and still had a problem. Played around with the EL and I got on at 42. Manual & Dishpointer.com both showed it at 36. Double checked level & plumb and they were dead on. Not sure why both of them showed 6 degrees difference from what worked but I'll have to consider that in future setups.

Thanks to all for your help.
DICK

The guide not updating sounds like either a failing receiver or something with the signal causing it not to be able to download it. Does the signal fluctuate while on the signal strength screen?

No the signal was actually stable and it's been several weeks now working as usual. That just happened on that one sunny day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts