Complete Signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pujon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
midwest
During the last month, we have experienced complete signal loss to varying degrees. We had a tech come out who blamed it on trees. The trees are over 40 years old and the dish has been there for over 3. There have been days with no issues, but for the last week or so we are back to having recordings and certain channels lose signal...120, 154, and 162 are particulary problematic...switching channels sometimes causes it, but then it lets go as long as I stay away from those 3 channels. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Don't know if this is anything, but I've been having the same issue for a few weeks. Partial and Complete signal loss intermittently. Lasts a few seconds and then comes back. As with you trees and Dish have been there for many years without the issue. Additionally, I had problems with rewinding live tv. Kept jumping back to live.
Last evening when I got home, had a Hard drive error and the receiver went into continuous reboot. Not sure if one is a symptom of the other, though. Waiting on my replacement 722. Will see if I still get the signal loss with the new box.

that might be the way I have to go as well. Is there a charge for the replacement box? I have been looking into directv as well....they have some pretty good offers right now...thinking of calling them to check on the trees and may just start over completely with them

During the last month, we have experienced complete signal loss to varying degrees. We had a tech come out who blamed it on trees. The trees are over 40 years old and the dish has been there for over 3. There have been days with no issues, but for the last week or so we are back to having recordings and certain channels lose signal...120, 154, and 162 are particulary problematic...switching channels sometimes causes it, but then it lets go as long as I stay away from those 3 channels. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
Hi and welcome to Sat Guys. i am sorry that you are having a signal issue with your DISH Network service. Trees can definelty cause signal issues with the equipment. When you are outside your home and looking in the direction of the satellite dish is pointing, are their trees that could be in the way? It really does not matter how long the trees & satellite has been there as trees grow and wind blowing the branches in the way can cause these issues. Have you attempted to have the trees trimmed? Our technician cannot do this but if you would like I will be happy to review your account and see if there is anything else that can be done. Just let me know!

Pujon said:

Trees do grow so it is possible that they r the problems. At the as time there is another thread that deals with randomly occuring temporary signal loss on HLN & MTV. It happens to me on BLN and has been occuring for a couple of months. So far no resolution.
As far as replacing your receiver goes, unless dish determines there is something wrong with your receiver I honestly don't think u will be able to do an exchange. Suggest u PM Mary with your account info she willbe able to give u the best advice.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Two 722s in single mode DPP44 with wimpy Dish 1000 original on 110 119 129.
(Dish 500 61.5 not connected. Also OTA antenna under deck for 40mi LOS 7000' to 10000' towers.)

Depending on memory for this happened twice.
I get a full-page message of signal loss and suggesting blockage and ... . This happens with a dark sky and rain starting.
A recording may be on-going and does complete if I don't stop it and try to "correct" the problem. Weird.
There seems to be no way to get control of the menus to do any checks.

Does menu+6+3+counters having "Lost Locks: 8 : 23", "T1: Rain, Snow: 6,0", and "T2: Rain, Snow: 176,0" mean anything here?

-Ken

Finally found the pm button

had a good night on saturday during all the rain, but been worse since then....any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)