Completed Timers Not Actually Recorded

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mokanic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Johnston County, NC
I have been having intermittent issues with recurring timers set for new episodes of CBS shows (ViP 622- four years old). I am recording them from my OTA local channel (WRAL-TV5). It started at the beginning of the new fall season. Specifically on Friday night - Hawaii Five-O (9:00) and Blue Bloods (10:00).
The curious thing is Undercover Boss (8:00) has never missed a beat. It does not happen every week, but three to four times this season. I originally chalked it up to the timer. So, I deleted the original timers and set up new ones. It still missed a couple more times after that.
Checking the completed recordings shows the timer was completed and the show recorded. But, there is nothing in the folder to watch. I thought that it had something to do with Friday night only and then it missed a daytime CBS soap opera that my wife likes to watch. That has only happened once so far, thank goodness.
I have an outdoor antenna about 15 feet in the air. The signal strength is at 92 - 95%. No other channels have failed to record, OTA or Satellite.
I am going to set up new timers of these shows for the satellite feed of WRAL-TV and then for another CBS affiliate (WNCT-TV9) that I can get from down east OTA and see if this occurs on these feeds.But, I have to retool all our timers since I will have to move the antenna to point east instead of west. (Worst case, I have two recordings of these shows)
But, if anyone has any ideas on the possible cause of these completed timers with nothing to watch, I would love to hear it.
Thanks in advance.

I have been having intermittent issues with recurring timers set for new episodes of CBS shows (ViP 622- four years old). I am recording them from my OTA local channel (WRAL-TV5). It started at the beginning of the new fall season. Specifically on Friday night - Hawaii Five-O (9:00) and Blue Bloods (10:00).
The curious thing is Undercover Boss (8:00) has never missed a beat. It does not happen every week, but three to four times this season. I originally chalked it up to the timer. So, I deleted the original timers and set up new ones. It still missed a couple more times after that.
Checking the completed recordings shows the timer was completed and the show recorded. But, there is nothing in the folder to watch. I thought that it had something to do with Friday night only and then it missed a daytime CBS soap opera that my wife likes to watch. That has only happened once so far, thank goodness.
I have an outdoor antenna about 15 feet in the air. The signal strength is at 92 - 95%. No other channels have failed to record, OTA or Satellite.
I am going to set up new timers of these shows for the satellite feed of WRAL-TV and then for another CBS affiliate (WNCT-TV9) that I can get from down east OTA and see if this occurs on these feeds.But, I have to retool all our timers since I will have to move the antenna to point east instead of west. (Worst case, I have two recordings of these shows)
But, if anyone has any ideas on the possible cause of these completed timers with nothing to watch, I would love to hear it.
Thanks in advance.
I would start by setting 2 timers for WRAL one for the OTA feed and one for the satellite feed. If the OTA records and satellite doesn't then you can suspect DISH is at fault. You won't have to reaim antenna or change timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)