Complicated and impossible installs of 322/522's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The real problem with the x22 isn't when you're running 'fresh' satellite feed - that's just dual RG-6, no big deal. It's when you have to explain to the customer why you need to punch holes in his brand-new house to do it - when he's already wired with (single) RG-6. Separate receivers solve the problem. DishPro Quad, 2 dual RG-6 to the cable 'home', 4 barrel connectors, done - AND the customer can understand it! He can even move a receiver to a different pre-wired room without a master's degree in Dish Installation.

So, the DP44+ and it's 'special splitter' might solve the problem - if it actually works out in the real world with the customer's existing wiring. Of course, diplexing the TV2 back up the satellite feed is still confusing - especially when you try to mix it with OTA.

It's like having 3 densities of fluid in the same pipe going in different directions. Yeah, a hydraulics engineer can understand it, but it's still hell, and doesn't always work.

ByrdWatcher said:
I was told if I was to install a 522 or a 721 I would have to run another line from my switch to the dual tuner. I dont want or need the DVR,PVR to control an additional television. I was also told that Dish was coming out with a Dish Pro Plus Diplexer some time in the future so an additional line would not be needed. I dont know what a dishproplus whatever is. I like the pip be able to watch one program and record another at the same time. Sorry about the confusion but believe me I am more confused than you are.

ByrdWatcher, I'm right there with you. I 'm mulling over getting a 721, mainly (actually only) because I want to have PIP. Why do they require multiple cables from the dish?

lovswr said:
ByrdWatcher, I'm right there with you. I 'm mulling over getting a 721, mainly (actually only) because I want to have PIP. Why do they require multiple cables from the dish?
One cable per tuner is required because the tuner sends control signals 'up' the cable to the dish to select the satellite and transponder set (even/odd) to be sent 'down' to the receiver. This is also why splitters can not be used on a E* satellite feed. Details upon request.

SimpleSimon said:
One cable per tuner is required because the tuner sends control signals 'up' the cable to the dish to select the satellite and transponder set (even/odd) to be sent 'down' to the receiver. This is also why splitters can not be used on a E* satellite feed.
Don't single out Echostar, this is true of any DBS configuration that uses switching of the Even & Odd transponders. Single DishPro (stacked) LNBs can be split, but not after the DP switch.

You're right - and I forgot that you can split DP above the switch. Actually doing that would make for some interesting install problems tho - such as only some channels working - tracking that one down without eyeballing the cables would be nutso. :no :eek:

It works!

I had my diplexor outside backwards. It's not the same as using it for off air..

You have to keep the satellite signal wires on the power passing side, and pull your TV 2 line off the other port. Kind of strange, but it works like a charm.

bcshields said:
I had my diplexor outside backwards. It's not the same as using it for off air..

You have to keep the satellite signal wires on the power passing side, and pull your TV 2 line off the other port. Kind of strange, but it works like a charm.
Not strange at all. :) Sat to Sat, TV to TV - regardless of whether you're bringing OTA into the house, or sending the RF-TV signal out to be picked off to another room. It's not just power-passing, but also frequency-passing (at least it should be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)