component audio

rfenton107

Original poster
May 23, 2013
florida
My TV has damaged a HDMI input....I wish to use component RGB cables...Have a great picture...no sound...I hookup RCA red-white inputs next to component inputs-no sound..Hopper seems to have a digital out audio out only...Must I use a special digital wire and if so what type of ends..My TV digital input is a small single hole almost like a 9mm stereo or headphone input...The hopper has an odd looking square style input with a gray center...I had my TV hooked up with RGB cables for years using the old style Dish DVR and Red-White RCA cables for audio and it worked fine..I would appreciate your help-thank you

I know the red+white RCA connectors work as I have radio headphones connected to them.
Clearly the RGB connectors work for you to have a picture.
There is no 9mm connector that I know of.
Analog audio is 1/4" (older 2 or 3 wire) or ~3.5mm (not new), often called 1/8", coaxial plug and jack.
The fiber digital audio connector is about 1/8", witness my MacBook uses one hole for either digital or analog.

-Ken

You have something not hooked up correctly, the Hopper has the red/white audio outputs just like all Dish DVRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)