Component cables for Wii (Monoporice?)

M

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 12, 2005
How many of you are using the monoprice component cable for your wii? I want one of these and am looking for your expert opinion. I am thinking about grabbing one of these versus the 30.00 original.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

J

JrC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
HowlerVille, MI
For the $9.00 it would cost to by the cable from Monoprice ($6.00 for cable + $3.00 for shipping), you can't go wrong. It would cost more to drive to a store to pick it up.

I've always been happy with the products from Monoprice.

yourbeliefs

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
May as well go with Monoprice. It's not like you're dealing with HDMI stuff that is being connected to 1080p systems. I think a $9 cable from them will not have much discernable difference between their regular cables.

Lkr

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2008
May as well go with Monoprice. It's not like you're dealing with HDMI stuff that is being connected to 1080p systems. I think a $9 cable from them will not have much discernable difference between their regular cables.
there is no difference between HDMI cables

Kevinw

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
I use Monoprice Wii cables. They work just fine. I also use multiple Monoprice cables around the house- component, Cat5 and HDMI. They all work very good. No different than the higher price name brands I have collected overthe years.

C

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 21, 2005
Home much of a difference does the component cable make for the Wii? I'm using the in-box composite cable, and even on my new 42" Plasma it looks pretty good. A few blocks and artifacts, sure, but not as bad as I thought. Is it worth the upgrade?

Kevinw

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Home much of a difference does the component cable make for the Wii? I'm using the in-box composite cable, and even on my new 42" Plasma it looks pretty good. A few blocks and artifacts, sure, but not as bad as I thought. Is it worth the upgrade?

For 9 dollars to go from 480i to 480p it's worth a try.

M

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 12, 2005
Thanks for the information. It looks like I will pick up the component cables for the wii at monoprice.

yourbeliefs

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
As the A1 Ads say, "Yeah; It's THAT Important."

thiggin2

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
I'm another one that will chime in to praise Monoprice and there cables. I buy ALL my cables from them, I also got my employer to start buying there cables from Monoprice also :).