Component Video Cable help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanrs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I'm getting a new Panny HD plasma. The component inputs on it are BNC. So, I need a BNC to RCA component video cable. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a good one without paying too much?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yeah, I need a cable not an adapter.

The Sonicwave was what I was looking at.

I'm only connecting my satellite receiver and my dvd player.

My Panny Plasma (on its way) has a component video input (BNC) and an S-Video input. I have the option of adding an HDMI input to my TV ($150 + cable cost). I thought I'd try the Video Component first, and only go to the HDMI if I felt I needed it. Then I would just use the S-Video for the DVD player.

Is this an acceptable set up? Or should I pay for the HDMI and run the satellite thru there and the DVD player through the component Video?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The first two links I posted ARE cables.

I would go HDMI to the display and component to the DVD. All this assuming the you are NOT running through a quality A/V switching head unit such as I do with the Yahmaha RX-Z9. This way you run all your sources IN and just ONE display (monitor) OUT. This is the method I prefer. You can click on each panel area for details. Then you would run all component, unless you A/V is newer and has HDMI panels and you could do either method.

Last edited:
Where did you get your Panny at? When I got mine( Visualapex.com) they sent a set of BNC Adapters FREE with the Plasma! I already had the RCA Component Cables so the Adapters worked just fine!
Wasn't about to buy a HDMI Input Card for mine, working good with just the Component.

Thanks for the help...

I got my Panny thru Dtvcity.com. Visual Apex had a little better price, but they were out of stock until late Dec and I wanted my before New Years.

Thanks for all the help with the cables. I think I'm gonna try the component and S-video to start and then see how things go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts