Compression Artifacts On Dishnetwork

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Hello,

I just recently got dishnetwork setup at my house and was wondering if anyone else notices large compression artifacts on their screen? I know they use mpeg-2 compression and was wondering if there is some fix or new model to get this to go away? Thanks

Elorion said:
Hello,

I just recently got dishnetwork setup at my house and was wondering if anyone else notices large compression artifacts on their screen? I know they use mpeg-2 compression and was wondering if there is some fix or new model to get this to go away? Thanks

Can you be more specific? What channels are you watching? How large is the screen you are watching? Are you watching HD or SD?

It sounds like you have a big screen TV. :)

If you do I suggest getting your set ISF calibrated, once that is done you will really enjoy the picture. :)

I use to think my Dish Network stuff looked like crap until I had my set ISFed before (and I did Avia and V.E. to it before the ISF)

I highly recommend Gregg Loewen to work on your set. It was money well spent.

I used a simple Sound and Vision Home Theater tune up dvd and now my 50 inch tv looks great. I had all my controls set to high and of course this showed the artifacts. I have turned all the controls down on sharpness, brightness and contrast and I dont even SEE any ARTIFACTS or COMPRESSION . Of course I turned up the color and all those complaints about faded washed out picture on satellite are gone. My picture looks great and now watching tv is a JOY!!

The sat companies ought to train their installers to do a tune up on the tvs with this dvd so it looks great for satellite. This is why so many people gripe about their picture with satellite. THey could even include a video like I got with each new receiver install so customers could do it themselves if they didn't want the installer to do it. Most people turn up all the controlls on their tvs just like in the showrooms of the department stores and think more is better.

If satellite companies went to the trouble to do what I suggested they could go back to touting the dvd quality picture of satellite. This would be a selling point that could be another way to one up on cable. 8)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)