CompUSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't break my heart. Their service department was pathetic. I purchased their B.S. extended warranty and still waited over six weeks for a power cord. After several attempts, I eventually contacted a toshiba rep that actually cared about customer service, and received the power cord the next day. Needless to say, I will not purchase a Toshiba product either.

I'm shocked they are abandoning NJ just about totally.... With Computer City going out a few years back, we are running out of locations to get stuff in a hurry..... Best Buy is OK, but has a limited selection....

Computer Ctiy was bought by Comp usa and some city stores were converted into compusa, where there were 2 stores close. usually the computer city closed. Computer city usually was quite a bit lower than comp.

On MSN today it was reported that compusa was closing everything down right after christmas. They have even hire a store liquidator to help get rid of all inventory and sell off all their stores.

On MSN today it was reported that compusa was closing everything down right after christmas. They have even hire a store liquidator to help get rid of all inventory and sell off all their stores.

One of my suppliers that was a big seller to Compusa told me yesterday that indeed they filed for bankrupcty and all stores will close withinn the next few months. He also claims that they will be having a big sell off in all the stores and alot of the inventory will be opened or returned merchandise that may no longer have a factory warranty, so be careful.

This doesn't break my heart. Their service department was pathetic. I purchased their B.S. extended warranty and still waited over six weeks for a power cord. After several attempts, I eventually contacted a toshiba rep that actually cared about customer service, and received the power cord the next day. Needless to say, I will not purchase a Toshiba product either.

I can understand you not buying from Comp anymore, but why not Toshiba? It sounds like they were quick to help you and they make some great products. We have been selling their products for years and they have been some of our best performing products.

We have installed many bars with multiple plasma and lcd tv's and the only ones we never seem to have any trouble with are the Toshibas.

took advantage of the going out of business sale at Comp today. Got a set of Bose on-ear headphones for $20 off. Expensive headphones for sure, but very comfortable. Tried to get CC to match the price but they laughed.

Sad to see Comp go, but I have to admit the store just did not match up to CC or BB.

took advantage of the going out of business sale at Comp today. Got a set of Bose on-ear headphones for $20 off. Expensive headphones for sure, but very comfortable. Tried to get CC to match the price but they laughed.

Sad to see Comp go, but I have to admit the store just did not match up to CC or BB.

The store on our area started their so called closing sale yesterday. The biggest discount I saw was 10%. No big deal, and the selections was crappy. They had a table full of computer periphials really cheap, but it was all crap and opened boxes and returns. It will be like all store closings, they will drop the prices a liitle every week, while the inventory decreases to poor selections and then all the open box and returns will be on the shelf. I personally am glad to see them go, thier service was horrible and thier salespeople were idiots.

Too bad about CompUSA. As a consumer and business man I just never understood their marketing and business buyouts. I knew a great guy here in SoCal that was a manager of Good Guys electronic store that Comp bought awhile back. Then right after the purchase they closed his store. I assumed that they would either keep the best locations or move the merchandise to their other stores but no. The local Comp just kept selling all the same lesser name brand TV's and stuff at non competitive prices, go figure.

Circuit city could be next to go by the looks of them around here. Not busy.
Fry's and BB are likely the last two big box electronic stores here.

I am hearing a rumor that Circuit City will be rebranded "The City" over the next year. For computer parts and supplies, Crcuit Cities prices suck.

But for TV's their prices are not bad if you get them on sale.

Hehe, they're building a brand new Circuit City in McKinney.

The only place I would go for computer parts, if I don't order online, is Fry's Electronics in Plano.

Sales prices are not very good yet. Christmas eve they were running 10% off sticker price, laptops were 5% off. I found a special on a UPS I needed for my new BenQ projector and it was 30% off so I bought it. 1000VA for $99 which wasn't a bad price. I have my eye on an APC UPS that is a dual battery model, currently at $269. If it goes below $200 I'll buy it. The local stores have over 25 in stock, probably because you can get them at Best Buy for $249. I have one of these now for my work station and it is maxed out but works well running 4 CPU's and a monitor work station.

Circuit city is bleeding red ink, theres rumors they will close.

sad there local store has the most knowledgable reps around, which is why i bought my garmin there

CC in my town is horrible, its dead most of the times, except Christmas, other than that BB is doing decent, but their prices are not competitive.
Sears in my town is doing great, especially HDTV sales, very competitive if you put them against Costco's + Sam's Club prices.
The CompUSA here sucks, its dead, not many people ever go there, their customer service there sucks.

I was in the local CompUSA the day before Christmas, with the big 10-30% off everything* signs everywhere. I came out with nothing. It was very underwhelming. 10% off of thier normally high prices is no big deal, as most items were only 10% off.

As for CC, the store looked dead. When it opened it had a deep CD department, lots of DVDs and seemed like a vibrant store. Now it looks like a store on the way out. If it makes it until June I'll be shocked.

Only BB and the Sams/Costco/BJs seem to be making it.

"CompUSA is closing stores in Tysons Corner, Fairfax, Alexandria, Woodbridge, Rockville and Gaithersburg as part of a restructuring under which 126 stores nationwide will close. The realignment will leave the Dallas computer-store chain with 103 stores in 39 states." Well, those are all the closest ones to me. I noticed that the one in Woodbridge was gone a few weeks ago. I remember when they were SoftWarehouse...they were the greatest thing around back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)