computer ATSC tuner suggestions?

Did you read the reviews of the card on the Tiger Direct site? There appears to be an issue with Windows Media Center 2005, but otherwise it sounds like a good deal.

I paid $110 for my ATI HDTV Wonder, and am pleased with it.

Also, be sure tour PC has a VERY good video card, not just the plain vanilla card that comes with off the shelf PC's, but a near top of the line video card, plenty of processing power and minimum 512 MB of RAM One gig is better.

Last edited:
didn't see the review. thanks! My new machine is 2gig ram so I should be fine. it also has Nvide geforce 6100 which is supposed to be really good.

Jim5506 said:
Did you read the reviews of the card on the Tiger Direct site? There appears to be an issue with Windows Media Center 2005, but otherwise it sounds like a good deal.

I paid $110 for my ATI HDTV Wonder, and am pleased with it.

Also, be sure tour PC has a VERY good video card, not just the plain vanilla card that comes with off the shelf PC's, but a near top of the line video card, plenty of processing power and minimum 512 MB of RAM One gig is better.

Jim,

Did you get the HDTVWonder working with Windows Media Center? It seems like Haupage is the way to go for Media Center.

I have the HDTVWonder running on XP Pro and I find the software / interface to be clunky. The PQ sure does work nice though!

Shawn95GT said:
Jim,

Did you get the HDTVWonder working with Windows Media Center? It seems like Haupage is the way to go for Media Center.

I have the HDTVWonder running on XP Pro and I find the software / interface to be clunky. The PQ sure does work nice though!
I don't use Media Center - just XP Pro with the ATI software. It's in an old Dell GX400 - 1.7GB CPU, 1GB RDRAM, 80GB HD. Now that I have the 622 I don't really use the HTPC that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)