Computer does not show up on Home Media

nodsirrah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I have:
Hopper 1 with 1 Joey and Sling adapter.
Hopper 2 with 1 Joey.
3 Windows 7 Computers with Windows Media Player, all are accesible to each other using Sharing.

When I go to the Home Media screen I only see 2 computers, pressing Refresh does nothing.

I can't find any way to share network in Windows Media Player. I don't remember that I did it on the other 2.
What is the procedure?
EDIT:I just checked the Properties and it says it is shared with everyone.

Last edited:
There is a thread related to getting DLNA working with the Hopper on this forum but the majority of people have had to install a 3rd party transcoder program to get their computers to work with Home Media for the Hopper. The one that was widely recommended was TVMobili since it supported a large number of file formats. If you go the TVMobili route, make sure to use the latest development release and then make sure you are using the DirectTV profile (not the Hopper profile currently included as it does not work as well yet).

Scott,
I don't understand why it works on 2 other Win 7 computers and not this one, does the fact that this is the only one that is 64 bit matter?

nodsirrah said:
Scott,
I don't understand why it works on 2 other Win 7 computers and not this one, does the fact that this is the only one that is 64 bit matter?

My PC is Win7 64 and shows up.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)