Condo Install Issues

Farslasher

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Michigan
Hey all,

So I had an appointment scheduled today to get Dish Network, and it so happened that the installer was not able to hook me up. Here is the scenario, I live in a Condo, so of course no wires can be shown on the external of building which did not seem to be full issue, and I have Comcast Internet. The installer was not able to tie into my coax line from the central because he would of took out my internet line, and he could not run the cord down the building to drill a hole right into my living room due to the no cords showing policy.... I want a dual setup... So one will be my living room(downstairs), and the other will be my main bedroom (upstairs).

I can only think of adding extra coax lines in my house.... which do not exactly seem like a vital option since I have no basement, unless I start putting holes in between each stud of my house... which is not happening...

Am I out of luck, or does someone have some great ideas!?

-Mike

you are "out of luck"!

Not so fast.

Mike, you need someone who knows what he is doing and provide us much more details on your installation. Where were you planning to install the Dish? Location of the Dish in reference to your Living Room, etc. etc. BTW, you run Coax cables vertically, between two studs not horizontally through each stud.

Find a local retailer that has their own installers. They are typically more helpful since they have less installs to get to in the day. The guy showed up to your house and found an excuse not to do your install.

Mike, you should drive around the neighborhood and look for dishes. I bet you, you will find similar installations.

goirish said:
The guy showed up to your house and found an excuse not to do your install.

The guy who showed up to your house has restrictions he must abide by or risk a damage claim. If you've never done it, you can't claim he's lazy. With condos and apartments restrictions nowadays, it's sometimes impossible to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts