Conference call coming Monday...Any bets?

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
With Charlie doing a first quarter conference call on May 10, any bets on what kind of numbers we'll see?

I say that the numbers will be quite good for the quarter. Q2 results this summer, however, will be down a lot, because of the new eq pricing scheme.

What say you?

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., April 26, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) will
host its first quarter 2010 financial results conference call on Monday, May 10, 2010, at noon ET. The dial-in number is (800)
616-6729.

Last edited:
Most people wont be affected by the pricing scheme..He gave credits for like 6 months (This does not apply to high end customers who have 3-4 dvr's etc)

Yep, existing subs prolly won't run for the hills 'til there credits expire.

On Monday's call, I predict 100k+ net adds.
Profits? In the black, but not greatly.

Net ads will be around 240K with profits up slightly.

You heard it here first. ;)

small %

With Charlie doing a first quarter conference call on May 10, any bets on what kind of numbers we'll see?

I say that the numbers will be quite good for the quarter. Q2 results this summer, however, will be down a lot, because of the new eq pricing scheme.

What say you?

Only a small percentage saw their bill go up. I didn't but then I don't have a bunch of DVR's. It most likely goes down every summer cause peeps don't watch as much.

The Numbers Are In...

And the results are.....
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 10, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) today reported total revenue of $3.06 billion for the quarter ended March 31, 2010, a 5.2 percent increase compared with $2.91 billion for the corresponding period in 2009.

Net income attributable to common shareholders totaled $231 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2010, compared with $313 million during the corresponding period in 2009. Basic earnings per share were $0.52 for the quarter ended March 31, 2010, compared with basic earnings per share of $0.70 during the corresponding period in 2009.

DISH Network gained approximately 237,000 net subscribers during the quarter ended March 31, 2010, ending the quarter with approximately 14.337 million subscribers.
(SOURCE)

Very good subscriber numbers. We'll have to wait and see how the feb fee increases will impact things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts