Configuration Error & 2nd TV remote inoperable

AlaskanPrincess

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Sunny Southwest
Sorry to keep posting, seems I've had every possible problem w/new install.
After 3 a.m. updates downloaded or when TV first turned on, pop-up: "403 Attn: Press & hold 0 to configure your new receiver." (Ok = more eror messages). I think when tech came back out, he just made pop-up go away and still didn't 'fix.'
Remaining other issue: TV2: After a few channel changes, (and apparently after TV has been on for a while) lose all function of remote control: Can't access program guide, change channels, and can't go access 'System Wizard' (0). Tech was here again yesterday, approach was to relocate receiver antenna. Immediately after, yes, I could continue to change channels.
Fell asleep w/TV on last nite, so not a lot of channel changes. This a.m., however, changed channels a couple of times, watched a movie - now (again) the only functioins on remote that work are power on/off and volume.
Yes, I'll contact install co. again - but clearly, they're clueless. I was so jazzed to go back to Dish Network, but this has been 9 days of constant problems. SOS!
BTW, receiver is 222k; TV's: Vizio LCD HD 47"; Toshiba LCD HD 26"

Don't press, and hold "0" (if that is what you're doing). Just cancel it out. That "System Wizard" thing has issues, and it's bogus. (If you are hitting cancel then you probably have a junk receiver, or (possibly) remote.) If they haven't already been, a few things to try is. Readdress the TV2 remote to the receiver. Press Menu twice on the TV1 remote then press record on TV2 remote. On more than one occasion I have seen the UHF Pro Band be wrong. Also make sure the UHF antenna is vertical, and that no power cords are within two to three inches of it. If you have another tech out there. Have him do a UHF extension (Use a splitter to combine the TV2, and UHF antenna onto the TV2 feed. Then use a second splitter behind TV2, feed the video to the TV, and attach the antenna to the other port).

Scooby, thank you so much for the feedback! For what it's worth, I tried the 'readdress remote' - it initially allows remote for TV2 to work, but within an hour or so, remote functions are gone (again!) I've emailed tech co., and will see what tech does, hopefully Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)