confirm fees if I make this change

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
I see Claude has some VIP211s he is trying to sell at a good price.

I currently have a VIP622 and VIP722 leased. I am trying to figure out how much/mo I may save to see what the break even point is on the 211.

I have 200 silver w/dvr and HD + platinum.

If I return the 622 to Dish and buy a 211 I will eliminate 1 DVR fee of $12 but will I then incur the $7 second receiver fee for a net savings of $5/mo? Or is it only $2 because of the DVR advantage credit of $3?

If there is a place on the Dish site to play with equipment changes to see pricing I can do this myself but as far as I know you can only tinker with programing and see what the price difference will be.

Edit: located the link Scott posted for dealers and played with the equipment. If I own the 2nd receiver is there a fee to have it on the account? The link indicates if it were leased there would be $7 2nd lease receiver fee.

If there are no fees I would save the $12 ad adding in the $40 EHD looks like a 14 mo break even period. That I could live with if I am calculating this correctly.

Last edited:
Leased receiver fee vs additional receiver fee is $7, so that is a wash. With the dvr advantage, one dvr fee is included so your figuring is correct. $5 less per month (the credit is on the first dvr unit and you would still get that). Keep in mind, the 211 only has output so if your 622 was working two tv's you will loose the second independent output if being used in dual user mode, or the pip feature if you used it in single user mode. Also, if you did have the 622 hooked up to a phone line or dsl, you were also paying a $5 additional tuner fee which will now go away, so this may be an additional $5 savings per month (you made no mention of this so I thought I should point it out, it may not effect you bill.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)