Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
It's up on the Tech Depot site now:

05/17/2006: 1103 Software Version L3.57 for ViP 622 DVR
Effective Thursday, May 18th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.57 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.57 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

It will be interesting to see the release notes, to say the least. :)

Brad

BobMurdoch said:
I don't suppose they will have the audio/video stuttering or HDMI output issues solved with this?
I sure hope so, since these both seem to be at or near the top of the complaint posts. I have the HDMI output issue (not the stuttering - yet!). When I last spoke to E* about it just about a week ago the tech "almost" acknowledged that it was a "known" issue, mostly a problem with specific TV brands (Sony and Mitsubishi), said they are "working on it", and that they "should have something within 2 weeks" which nicely matches-up with the announced 3.57 release. I'll make doubly sure that my receiver is enabled for the 3AM updates and in standby this evening, then check in the morning for the update!

Does anyone know how quickly it reaches all receivers? The last time folks were reporting an update to the 811 it was more than a week before mine showed it.

I think there are many of us with many body parts crossed anxiously awaiting this overdue "fix" to a whole host of known and widely reported issues. Let's hope we're all satisfied with the results...!

bhelms said:
Does anyone know how quickly it reaches all receivers? The last time folks were reporting an update to the 811 it was more than a week before mine showed it.

The notice says this will be a "Full Phase" release, meaning everyone should get it as soon as it's available.

NightRyder

If it's released on Thursday, it should be in your receiver on Friday morning. Notice I say "if it's released", I saw a software update for the 211 removed twice the night before it was scheduled to spool.

NightRyder said:
The notice says this will be a "Full Phase" release, meaning everyone should get it as soon as it's available...NightRyder
Tks, NightRyder! I don't have all the lingo sorted-out yet.

RandallA said:
If it's released on Thursday, it should be in your receiver on Friday morning. Notice I say "if it's released", I saw a software update for the 211 removed twice the night before it was scheduled to spool.
Tks again, RandallA! I was being optimistic that it would spool at 3AM tonight! And I "hear" you on the reneg; I'd rather wait 'till they're confident they have it right vs. creating more problems...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)