confirmed 8 new hd channels tomorrow!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Last year, I found out that local channels in greenville, nc were NOT being received on my vip622 because they were on a spot beam on 61.5. I asked them to put me on eastern arc, and give me a new dish to replace my 1000.2 - they ended up taking the 1000.2, installing a 500 next to a dual lnb dish (both of these didnt look new really either). They charged me, but I fought it (I think via exec office) and got credited for the dish.

NOW, fast foward to this year, and if they would have put the eastern arc dish in like I asked (which at the time they were only installing for NEW customers), I would not have the problem of not getting the new channels.

I went on chat today and scheduled an install for a 1000.4 or whatever the eastern arc dish is. They said it would be 99 dollars (I didnt even bother mentioning that I am on the dish protection plan for 6 bucks ).. I told them I would just dispute that later, but please send the tech out. They noted the dish that I asked for and I am scheduled for tomorrow at 8 am.

Last year, I found out that local channels in greenville, nc were NOT being received on my vip622 because they were on a spot beam on 61.5. I asked them to put me on eastern arc, and give me a new dish to replace my 1000.2 - they ended up taking the 1000.2, installing a 500 next to a dual lnb dish (both of these didnt look new really either). They charged me, but I fought it (I think via exec office) and got credited for the dish.

NOW, fast foward to this year, and if they would have put the eastern arc dish in like I asked (which at the time they were only installing for NEW customers), I would not have the problem of not getting the new channels.

I went on chat today and scheduled an install for a 1000.4 or whatever the eastern arc dish is. They said it would be 99 dollars (I didnt even bother mentioning that I am on the dish protection plan for 6 bucks ).. I told them I would just dispute that later, but please send the tech out. They noted the dish that I asked for and I am scheduled for tomorrow at 8 am.
Let us know how it goes. Mine is 12noon - 5pm tomorrow.

Guide to getting the New HD Channels:

1 - Use your remote to go to MENU-6-1-3 to see which satellites you receive now. If you have either 129 or 72.7 (aka "72"), then you are fine.

2 - If not, go to:

The Echostar Knowledge Base

and search for your town to find which channel numbers (both SD and HD) for your local channels, and check which satellite they are on.

If either your SD or HD local channels are on 61.5, then you need to keep 61.5

3 - Go to:

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

and enter your address and then select 129. Go outside and see if there are trees, buildings or hills in that direction. If not, then you can try to repoint your 61.5 dish to 129, if your locals are not on 61.5.

4 - If there are no obstructions, but your locals are on 61.5, then you will need to either get your 110/119 dish500 swapped for a 110/119/129 dish1000.2 which has a connection to receiver the cable from your 61.5 dish, or get all your dishes swapped for an Eastern Arc dish1000.4 that has 61.5/72.7/77.

5 - If you need a professional install, call Dish and politely but firmly insist that you are paying for these new channels, but cannot get them because of Dish's satellite failure, which is not your fault. If no joy, call back to a different rep or ask for a supervisor or loyalty rep. Sometimes, calling Technical Support works better because they are not under pressure to keep down costs, and they understand why you need the new dish.

Let us know how it goes. Mine is 12noon - 5pm tomorrow.

oh, and I just discovered that I have lost channels... foxnews hd is gone, as are a bunch of others. cinemax is still hd and fine, but others are gone...I think I am in the same boat as dont24 where they have removed channels in anticipation of getting the new dish...

ah well... I can live one night without...

Last edited:
Guide to getting the New HD Channels:...

...5 - If you need a professional install, call Dish and politely but firmly insist that you are paying for these new channels, but cannot get them because of Dish's satellite failure, which is not your fault. If no joy, call back to a different rep or ask for a supervisor or loyalty rep. Sometimes, calling Technical Support works better because they are not under pressure to keep down costs, and they understand why you need the new dish.

Or wait 'till thursday...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/202700-new-hd-up-4.html#post2103709

You definitely want the newer style dish for the Eastern Arc It will get you signals for 61.5,72.5 and 77.5, but the signals are all Mpeg4. You must have Mpeg 4 receivers such as a 211, 622 and 722

Big time lurker, first time poster.

Just got off the phone with dish after about an hour of back and forth. I'm ending up coming out of pocket 64 bucks in order to get 129 or EA.

I'm at 110/119/61.5 now with what I believe is two 500's (Ones, a dual, but can't see the upper roof one duer to the snow) that were already on the house when i moved in less then a year ago.

I was told by the rep on the phone that in order to get the new HD channels I would have to upgrade to a new dish and it would cost me (forget the exact quote but it was not pretty). I told him that when I got the initial installation I asked the tech why I was not getting a newer style dish the tech told me that having two is better and should stick with what I had (I felt it was shady when he told me but I knew zero about dish stuff and just relented), after I told him that, the rep on the phone spent the next hour on and off of hold with me till he told me that best they could do is sell me a dish at half price ($49) and that in install would be $15 (DHPP). I agreed and I am setup for install on sat morning.

I'm not sure if I got screwed or not (I'm sure I got screwed by the tech on the initial installation), but the guy on the phone seemd to genuinely working hard to get me what I wanted (or is a good actor) so I'm ok with it.

I do have a question though, he told me about issues, specifically in Pennsylvania, about getting a good singal for what I need (129 or EA I assume). He then told me that the tech would either install either 300 series dish (I think that is what he said) or a 1000.2 depending on what would work best for me. Now, does anyone know if that is the case about the signal in PA and also should I insist on a specific dish (300 or 1000.2) regardless.

Any other suggestions would be awesome too, total newb here!

A little update to my earlier post, after reading kstuart's tutorial post about how to get the new HD if your on 61.5 I called back customer service, asked for a loyalty rep, told her what kstuart told me say with a bit of my own story sprinkled in, bing bang boom I'm good to go minus the dhpp fee, witch is all I expected to pay from the get go.

Thanks for taking the time to he me (us) out kstuart!

Best install ever.

British woman came by, hated my current mounting, remounted the whole thing, ran all new rg6, installed the 1000.4, got a great signal strength, and even gave me a spare uhf remote (free).

Very happy.

All channels are coming in without issue.

Found some of the 8 last evening. Glad to see TruTV in HD, even tho' most of it's programming probably isn't. I was watching Forensic Files last evening at 11PM (one of my favorite shows) and it appeared to be in HD. Certainly filled the full 16 x 9 screen and did not appear to be some form of stretch-o-vision! Detail was sharp. Perhaps it was a newer episode (I didn't check). Also watched BBCA and Indie for a bit. Both looked great! More is better!

Glad I had the 129 slot dish installed last spring when my HD LiLs became available. It was a stretch for me due to LoS issues. I talked Dish into a free installation since it was programming I was paying for and would not receive otherwise. I had the tech leave my 61.5 wing intact but disconnected however "just in case". I still have signal strength issues on 129 but only rarely and not enough to convince me to switch back to 61.5. I'll continue to work on improving my 129 situation. (It's also on a wing in a different location by necessity from my 110/119 D500.)

When you do call make sure you tell them your a SatelliteGuys member. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott i always do tell them I am a SatelliteGuys member and they tell me they know that site.:)Of course thats when i get a person tht speaks english:D

I have 61.5 which F* sucks!
I have to spend 95 bucks for someone to reposition my dish, yea that aint happening. Does anyone have experience of repositioning their dish themselves?
Also how have some of you guys managed to get someone to either swap the dish or have someone reposition it with no or a smaller fee?

This is driving me nuts!

Tech shows up 3 hours early, then tells me in broken English that I am wrong in saying that I can get 129 in NJ as "they won't sell them to him here". He is clueless about the new HD channels and says that Eastern Arc is only for new customers. He tries calling "April" at his office and she also tells the installer that I must me mistaken.

Yeah, right. C'mon Rene, we're calling Dish. I get on the phone and a real helpful Tech Support guy is confused at first, until I tell him about the new HD channels, and how I need 129 or EA to see them. As my daughter has a 510 receiver in her room, I would prefer the 129 route as I don't want to buy an HD receiver for an analog TV. Funny Line... the tech asks "why do you know more about this than I do?" with a playful tone. I tell him .. "because I read it on SatelliteGuys". "Ah, that explains it... then it must be true, let's see what we can do". At this point our befuddled installer says "I don't have a dish or a receiver or him" (I think he just wanted to bail as this was way more complex than he expected) and he leaves (front door slams). Tech guy says "OK, I guess we can close THAT order" (I like this guy).

After 10 more minutes on hold, he tries to nudge me towards EA for an extra $115 to upgrade the receiver. I balk and say I would prefer the cheaper solution if possible (which won't raise my receiver fees higher than they already are). He goes back on hold and says he will send a more advanced tech to do a measurement to see if I can see 129 from my house. Better yet, he will be here in my regular install window his afternoon.

....and I'll let you all know how I make out after that.

ok installer just left and i got the 1000.4, hitting 61.5,77,72, got all the neww channels plus everything I already had, guy did a great job and was quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts