confirmed 8 new hd channels tomorrow!!!!

129 or 77/72

I am in Latham NY. If I have a choice, which should I go with. My current setup is HD dish on roof pointing to 61.5 (for HD locals) and a super dish on the ground for 110 (SD locals)/119. My understanding from reading various posts is that I need 110 to populate the locals guide info in the EPG. Does the EA dish cover 110/119/129 with good signals on all three or should I ask the tech to repoint (or change the rooftop dish) to get 61.5/77/72? Is this possible and would the signals be good for both my locals and dish HD channels? The tech is coming this afternoon and I would like to have as much info as possible. Thanks

What can I do

Hey guys,
I currently have the everything pack + HD, German Channel, Latino Plus. Its 119/110/61.5/118 I called dish to get Fox Soccer in HD (9520). They said ok cool we will send someone out there but when the tech came he told me that if I wanted to install that I will loose channels from my current programming. So is this my only option to loose either my international or latino channels to make room for FOXHD? Is there anything I can do to just get all the channels? Thanks in advanced for any info..
Marco

I am in Latham NY. If I have a choice, which should I go with. My current setup is HD dish on roof pointing to 61.5 (for HD locals) and a super dish on the ground for 110 (SD locals)/119. My understanding from reading various posts is that I need 110 to populate the locals guide info in the EPG. Does the EA dish cover 110/119/129 with good signals on all three or should I ask the tech to repoint (or change the rooftop dish) to get 61.5/77/72? Is this possible and would the signals be good for both my locals and dish HD channels? The tech is coming this afternoon and I would like to have as much info as possible. Thanks

You would need a 1000.4 sat dish for 77/72.7/61.5 and a side sat for just 110 plugged into the lnb in port and you would have all 4 in your check switch matrix. I have that exact setup , but I set it that way when I had HD distants from AAD for L.A. .

Hey guys,
I currently have the everything pack + HD, German Channel, Latino Plus. Its 119/110/61.5/118 I called dish to get Fox Soccer in HD (9520). They said ok cool we will send someone out there but when the tech came he told me that if I wanted to install that I will loose channels from my current programming. So is this my only option to loose either my international or latino channels to make room for FOXHD? Is there anything I can do to just get all the channels? Thanks in advanced for any info..
Marco

You would need an eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish for eastern arc 77/72.7/61.5 and a side sat for just 118 plugged into the in port of the lnb and you would then get all programming you need for national hd , locals (if they are on 61.5)and the 118 would cover the international channels.

This is my story:
Thursday, I call Dish and inform them of this subject. The phone support people are completely clueless, as usual! Make an appointment and have the understanding down.
First day, the installer was over booked and never called me to say that. Second day, they couldn’t find my house and were an hour away at 5pm. Third day, show up and they do not have 1000.2 with them!

Today, I call up screaming because I took three days off from work for nothing! First person I speak to, can barely speak English. Transferred a few more times until I finally get someone in the resolutions department.

The person is clueless to my current setup (2 dish 500’s 110/119/61.5) let alone what I am asking for them to do (swap dish500 for 1000.2 to add 129). I repeatly say exactly what kstuart has posted. My issue is now at the hands of the people in the I.T. department. When the person from the resolutions department gets the understanding on how to rightup the work order, she will call me back.

If you want to call the person in the resolutions department and explain to her this subject please do so, Laura 720-514-8555 ex 70842

I am about to purchase a 1000.2 dish myself so I do not have to deal with this company's crap!

This is my story:
Thursday, I call Dish and inform them of this subject. The phone support people are completely clueless, as usual! Make an appointment and have the understanding down.
First day, the installer was over booked and never called me to say that. Second day, they couldn’t find my house and were an hour away at 5pm. Third day, show up and they do not have 1000.2 with them!

Today, I call up screaming because I took three days off from work for nothing! First person I speak to, can barely speak English. Transferred a few more times until I finally get someone in the resolutions department.

The person is clueless to my current setup (2 dish 500’s 110/119/61.5) let alone what I am asking for them to do (swap dish500 for 1000.2 to add 129). I repeatly say exactly what kstuart has posted. My issue is now at the hands of the people in the I.T. department. When the person from the resolutions department gets the understanding on how to rightup the work order, she will call me back.

If you want to call the person in the resolutions department and explain to her this subject please do so, Laura 720-514-8555 ex 70842

I am about to purchase a 1000.2 dish myself so I do not have to deal with this company's crap!

Misery loves company.......

Tech shows up 3 hours early, then tells me in broken English that I am wrong in saying that I can get 129 in NJ as "they won't sell them to him here". He is clueless about the new HD channels and says that Eastern Arc is only for new customers. He tries calling "April" at his office and she also tells the installer that I must me mistaken.

Yeah, right. C'mon Rene, we're calling Dish. I get on the phone and a real helpful Tech Support guy is confused at first, until I tell him about the new HD channels, and how I need 129 or EA to see them. As my daughter has a 510 receiver in her room, I would prefer the 129 route as I don't want to buy an HD receiver for an analog TV. Funny Line... the tech asks "why do you know more about this than I do?" with a playful tone. I tell him .. "because I read it on SatelliteGuys". "Ah, that explains it... then it must be true, let's see what we can do". At this point our befuddled installer says "I don't have a dish or a receiver or him" (I think he just wanted to bail as this was way more complex than he expected) and he leaves (front door slams). Tech guy says "OK, I guess we can close THAT order" (I like this guy).

After 10 more minutes on hold, he tries to nudge me towards EA for an extra $115 to upgrade the receiver. I balk and say I would prefer the cheaper solution if possible (which won't raise my receiver fees higher than they already are). He goes back on hold and says he will send a more advanced tech to do a measurement to see if I can see 129 from my house. Better yet, he will be here in my regular install window his afternoon.

....and I'll let you all know how I make out after that.

Forgot to tell you guys that E* blew the window. I call at 5:30 pm to complain and they say that they didn't have the parts in the warehouse. Yeah, OK... but no call? They apologize and reschedule for this coming Saturday in the AM. I tell them to please note that they need parts to change my 110/119/61.5 configuration to one that includes 129. He tells me they have it on there now.

So, Take 3 this weekend..... I'll let you all know how I make out after that.

Update: Dish phone tech will only change me over to eastern arc. They would not even speak to me about a dish 1000.2. They think 129 is part of the eastern arc!

If you want to speak to this person directly, 720-514-8555 ex. 80584

This company is full of idiots!

Dishnetwork tech was here, he wouldn't swap out my dish500 with a 1000.2 because his boss told him that 61.5 and 129 feeds were not compatible. I've had it with this company. EVeryone has their own "story" and no one knows the company's technology! Plus, they were three hours late, let alone the 4th day waiting for them!

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

I'm glad for you.

Makes me glad I put up my own stuff.

Only installer that ever came here, had the following done for him before he arrived...

1. Homeruns for all tv's to a wiring closet.
2. Ground Blocks installed and grounded.

He just had to hook up dish (only because dish wouldn't ship it to me). Spent about 10 minutes on install, sat on the couch with me while my receiver downloaded and drank some tea. He told me what a pleasure it was before he left. Said the bulk of his day is trying to explain remote controls to seniors.

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

I'm glad you finally got some satisfaction. But, why do you think it is necessary to post all of your travails in 5 different threads. One is really enough.....

Some mod please change the title to remove the word "tomorrow" :eek:

( I am reminded of companies that change their product box to put the words "New Formulation!" and three years later, those words are still on the box... )

Why WA

I'm glad your up and running but why does someone in Delaware want Western Arc. It seems like Eastern would be better for you anyway.

OK, Third attempt at upgrade to 129 or EA.

Buzz.

My window was supposed to be 8-12am today. Guy shows up at 11 AM BUT he says I don't have the equipment you need. He says that 129 will not work. "It's an old satellite that they barely use". Maybe but I would prefer that as I don't want to upgrade my 510 receiver in my daughter's room (other three receivers are 722,622, and 211 feeding three separate HDTVs).

He says emphatically that 129 won't work here and that EA is my only option. He says he will leave my existing dish setup on the roof to feed the 510 and will add EA dish to feed the other three as they "can only feed 3 receivers anyway". One funny thing, he says my fellow SatGuy from Neptune says hi (he saw him before me and he didn't have equipment for HIM either- he rescheduled for tomorrow)

Me, I have a family commitment tomorrow so I am booting until next weekend AGAIN. Take 4. E* is gonna bankrupt all their retailers with unnecessary travel costs with this nightmare.

It's getting comical now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)