Confirmed: DirecTV will carry seperated Versus / Golf HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I wouldn't care for those channels that much either. The only thing I watch on any of those 3 channels is The Soup and since it's mostly a clip show of what would probably be all SD clips, it wouldn't do much good for it to be in HD.

Hopefully since D* already has a contract for the other Viacom HD channels, Comedy Central will come right away.

I know this is the DirecTV forum, so what I have to say doesn't really apply, but perhaps one day DirecTV will offer the same kind of packs.

As a Dish HD absolute customer (probably changing to Turbo HD before long) I want each net in HD, as each one represents another channel I can get. I don;t care if Stewart, Colbert, to The Soup is HD, I'd just love the ability to watch it without paying a buch of extra cash for a buch of other SD channels I don't watch.

Plus, provided it's not poorly streatched, SD on an HD channel has better PQ.

iceturkee, where did you read of a 12/10 launch for Comedy Central HD?

I know this is the DirecTV forum, so what I have to say doesn't really apply, but perhaps one day DirecTV will offer the same kind of packs.

As a Dish HD absolute customer (probably changing to Turbo HD before long) I want each net in HD, as each one represents another channel I can get. I don;t care if Stewart, Colbert, to The Soup is HD, I'd just love the ability to watch it without paying a buch of extra cash for a buch of other SD channels I don't watch.

Plus, provided it's not poorly streatched, SD on an HD channel has better PQ.

iceturkee, where did you read of a 12/10 launch for Comedy Central HD?

I understand your point and it is a very valid point. SD on a non strecth-o-vision HD channel has much better PQ. But D* already has enough HD channels that don't show HD (CMT HD, VH1 HD, Fuel HD and MTV HD which has only shown 1 HD program) and I rather have channels that have a much larger amount of HD on it. Like some more HD premiums for instance.

That's good news.

Has anyone heard when the other RSN's are supposed to go full time?

Nice!

Vs. and Golf HD are now two separate channels!

Now, there is no reason to keep the SD Golf Channel in my favorites. Very nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)