Confirming info for hybrid LNB/node conversion

bxl4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Bainbridge Island, WA
I am in the process of upgrading the satellite TV watching to 4k capability. I'll own the equipment and do the installation myself. I want to do this in two steps but need to confirm that my plan will continue to work between step 1 and step 2:

Initial setup is old LNB gen on WA. One Hopper w/sling. One Joey 1.0.

Conversion step #1

Swap out the LNB for a Hybrid LNB. Install the Hybrid Solo Hub. Hook up the same Hopper and Joey.

Conversion step #2

Plug and play replace old Hopper and old Joey for Hopper 3 and Joey 4k.

Enjoy 4k TV.

Will everything still work after conversions step #1?

Thanks to all for the shared wisdom.

I am in the process of upgrading the satellite TV watching to 4k capability. I'll own the equipment and do the installation myself. I want to do this in two steps but need to confirm that my plan will continue to work between step 1 and step 2:

Initial setup is old LNB gen on WA. One Hopper w/sling. One Joey 1.0.

Conversion step #1

Swap out the LNB for a Hybrid LNB. Install the Hybrid Solo Hub. Hook up the same Hopper and Joey.

Conversion step #2

Plug and play replace old Hopper and old Joey for Hopper 3 and Joey 4k.

Enjoy 4k TV.

Will everything still work after conversions step #1?

Thanks to all for the shared wisdom.

Yes, your current Hopper will continue to work on the Hybrid system. Just be sure to do a Switch Test also known as a Test Installation after you swap in the new LNB and hub.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you! That was exactly what I was hoping for. This weekend is good for the LNB work but I don't want the Mrs to have to miss any of her shows were I to get 1/2 way into this and discover that I can't get reception until I have the Hopper 3.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thank you! That was exactly what I was hoping for. This weekend is good for the LNB work but I don't want the Mrs to have to miss any of her shows were I to get 1/2 way into this and discover that I can't get reception until I have the Hopper 3.

You're welcome. A happy wife is a happy life. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts