Confused about 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Can the 622 record 2 HD shows at the same time? or Watch and record 2 different HD channels?

I only have 1 tv(HD) and with the comcast DVR I can watch/record 2 channels at the same time in HD. Do the Dish DVRs do this as well?

Yes. You can record 2 different channels at the same time and watch a prerecorded show, while still recording. Dosen't matter if they're both HD or not.
This is what's called a 2-Tuner receiver.
If you have OTA, you can also record that at the same time. Record 3 HD programs at the same time while watching something else that you already recorded.
Yes it is amazing.

Cool, thanks, the docs I was reading stated that the second tv ouput was only in SD, just wanted to make sure... :)

The second OUTPUT is SD only. All the tuners are HD capable. This fact is what causes the confusion.

You can watch HD content on TV2 or TV1 SD outputs, it is downconverted. In dual mode, you can record HD on TV2, even though it appears as SD on TV2 while you're watching it, you can watch it in HD from TV1 after recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts