Confused STB

kikojax

Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I just had voom installed 2 days ago and I noticed one of my receivers is having "channel identity" issues. On 204 (HBOW), ESPN is being broadcast. On 206 (HBO2W), ESPN is showing; 226 (MAXW), CNBC plays; 229 (ATMAX), MSNBC plays; 261 (STZHD), UHD plays; 301 (ESPNHD), TMC plays; 305 is CSPAN, 522 is USA; 523 is BRAVO and finally, 262 and 340 both have the "UPGRADE by calling VOOM to subscribe to this channel" message. They all have the correct label and program info displayed, they just are broadcasting the wrong station. I tried a soft and a hard reboot and the problem is still there. Do I just have a psycho box or does is anyone else experiencing this? Is a new STB the only solution?

I'm not the expert around here on this issue--I'm sure you'll get someone who can pinpoint the problem but I'm pretty sure you have an install problem. So, don't panic. I'd doubt you need a new STB.

Where's TYORK when you need her? Just kidding, TYORK, as I assume you are getting your beauty sleep and will be out there installing VOOM later today.

Still watching HDTV under clear and rainless Seattle skies, Gill

Thanks for the help "Stone Man". Voom had scheduled an installer to come out and switch out my STB with a new one. After reading the thread you suggested, I went under the house and found that the installer used a splitter where one wasn't needed. I corrected the wiring and it solved the problem. You saved me an unnecessary appt. Thanks again!

kikojax--WAY TO GO. The forum is a pretty good tool for first-line support. There's lots of good stuff in here if you know where to look. I'm pleased I could point you in the right direction, but YOU solved the problem. A hearty 'Good One' for that!

I'm having the same problem too but with only one of my boxes. I do have duplexers installed by each of the boxes.I tried switching them to see if one of them was bad but the one boxe still has the problems.

rmi63 said:
I'm having the same problem too but with only one of my boxes. I do have duplexers installed by each of the boxes.I tried switching them to see if one of them was bad but the one boxe still has the problems.

sound like you may have a bad box if you moved it and and it still was doing this .