Confused...

penguinbrat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Alright, I'm starting to get really confused as to what is going on with all this... It seemed at first all this was about was keeping a dream alive, and all of us couch potatoes (pun intended) happy and content with our HD. Now, with all these speculations and everything else going on - it almost seems like it's not just about VOOM?

Simply put - is Mac Daddy Charles doing all this for nothing more than to keep his dream alive, or has little old Jimmy screwed things up so much (including the Garden and the sports teams) that he is simply straightening things out? From the overall perspective, Is Charles or James the bad guy here?

:confused: :no :confused: :no :confused:

Nobody is a real fool in this, they are all trying to make money. This is business after all. James wants to dump voom to protect CVC stock holders from any more losses. Charles is a visionary who sees HD as the future, and based on the cable numbers, satellite has a much greater impact than any land based regulated cable company. It took D* and E* Many years to become profitable and now that they are, a third player is just what is needed to keep rates for the consumer lower, and spawn more HD content that we all want.
-Eric

That's the impression I have about all this - it basically sounds like James has been running things into the ground, including the sports franchises...

rkr0923 said:
Mod Edit --- Uncalled for...

have you ever meet either one? i take it you havent because chuck is very pleased and easy to speak to, james on the other hand is an arrogant, spoiled little rich kid

rkr0923 said:
Mod Edit --- Uncalled for

Such an informed, educated and articulated statement should resolve all our questions. Don’t you all feel better now. :p

I have found Chuck to be pleasant and responsive. James, well.... I have an opinion of him also. Want to know what I think of you rkr0923? :rolleyes: jk

Post deleted and Editing done. I wish some of these guys would refrain from this. It is very childish to do this even if you do not like these people. Why would we care to know those remarks when the topic at hand is not about this?