Confusing Information About Lima, OH HD Locals

randyoh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
Ohio, US
I just had an online chat followed up by a phone call. I had called to check the cost of having a tech do a check to see if I could move from the western arc to the eastern arc so I could have my locals from Lima, OH in HD. Both the Dish chat rep and the phone rep said no because I already have my locals in HD due to the fact that I have the Hopper. I told them, as far as I know, the HD locals were on 77 of the eastern arc & my locals were provided by 129 of the western arc. The phone rep went so far as to say they added a satellite so I could get my locals in HD because I was a Hopper customer. Does anyone know how to speak to someone at Dish who know the correct answer?

I live in your service area, and yes, your Lima locals are ABSOLUTELY on the EA only... I've seen a lot of work orders lately for dish migration upgrades

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You mean a customers name? I have no idea.. I see the workorder and where it's at and that's about it... But I've had a guy in Lima just about every day for the last couple months

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What is the policy / procedure for dish swaps when a market's local channels become available (in this case, the HD locals) ? I thought when it happened, Dish would contact ALL customers in that market (or maybe only those with HD-capable receivers ?) and swap their dish. Dish does it on their schedule, of course.

For the record, the local HD channels for the Lima market were added last October.

What is the policy / procedure for dish swaps when a market's local channels become available (in this case, the HD locals) ? I thought when it happened, Dish would contact ALL customers in that market (or maybe only those with HD-capable receivers ?) and swap their dish. Dish does it on their schedule, of course.

For the record, the local HD channels for the Lima market were added last October.

Depends on the market, depends on the urgency, etc. I've seen several things. For some who are being arc-flipped, any attempt to make any account changes makes a tech visit with the term "arc migration" pop up in our software. I've also seen for some lower-priority situations that when the customer is calling about changing any receivers on the account, that it will prompt the agent that the customer is eligible for a migration/change-over to HD equipment (especially where they were on the WA and had SD equipment, and locals may be moving/moved to the EA). The highest level has been a pop-up when the account fills in, when the customer calls, to say that the customer has to change out equipment and/or antenna to continue to see their locals.

I haven't seen a trend, because in all honesty, I haven't been looking. There could be one, certain markets, I just don't know at the moment.

(disclaimer, etc: My opinions as a Dish employee are only mine, and do not represent those of my employer) (I need to copy this to notepad or something, since I can't have a signature any more)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)