Confusion about OTA

I am supposed to get an OTA installed next week, which I am excited/nervous about. I told the Dish CSR, that I will still want to keep my Dish Locals, because of fear of not having a great reception with the OTA. I know that it will knock off 12.00 of my bill, but my wife still likes the AutoHop concept. I like it also. What's your opinion? To keep Dish Locals or not?
It is still unclear to me that AutoHop will or will not work if you don't have the DISH satellite locals!

Reactions: HipKat
It is still unclear to me that AutoHop will or will not work if you don't have the DISH satellite locals!

Yes it does. I don't sub to satellite locals, but turning on PTAT, even for one channel, makes autohop work for the big 4. And I was surprised to learn that it was retroactive on my recordings made before I turned on PTAT. :D

Bear in mind, some of your subchannels may have either the wrong guide info or no guide info.

That is true. In the past couple of months, several of my OTA channels have wrong guides. Add to that several diginets (sub channels) have no guide. I have tried to get Dish to straiten out the mess. I have a Fire TV, so I bought the on sale the Amazon Recast box. I scanned in my 16 locals and they all have guides up to 2 weeks and are accurate. The Recast has a 500GB HDD built in and so It basically works like my 211k receiver for OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)