Confusion about Receiver Channel Names

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abukamoon

Original poster
Jun 25, 2014
Hello everyone. I have been enjoying FTA TV for almost two years. I have a question. My dish is aimed at Galaxy 19. When I have my receiver list the channels, quite a few of them are listed as one thing, but the actual channel is different. Is this discrepancy caused by my receiver? Do I have to manually change it somehow? Or is this channel name coming from Galaxy 19?

thanks,
abukamoon

Many receivers automatically update with the correct Service Name assigned to the channel by the uplinker. With other receivers, you must erase the channel(s) and rescan to capture the new Service Name. This also completely depends on if the channel is uplinked with a Service Name or the correct Service Name. :D

Have you checked out the thread on galaxy 19? They change a bit from time to time. Easiest way is to erase and blindscan as titanium said. What receiver are you using?

Welcome to the site abukamoon!

With all the changes that have been happening on that satellite over the last few months, I've deleted all transponders and blind scanned the satellite a few times.

Thanks for the information to everyone. I periodically do an automatic scan. I don't know if this is the same as a blind scan. I am afraid of messing my system up.

It works very well, other than the discrepancy in channel names. I am using a Lexium receiver with a 36 inch Azure something dish. My system was installed for me by a man in Portsmouth NH who used to work for one of the cable companies. He downloaded the channels, and told me to do automatic scans every once in a while. My understanding is that this updates the receiver to what the Galaxy 19 is broadcasting.

I don't know too much about adjusting the receiver and I hope that I can pick up an education with the help of people on this site. Thanks again.

abukamoon

There should be a MENU and 'in' there a Channel Edit function. Could change names there or delete a channel.
I've found it more 'friendly' to go into the Transponder List, and then Delete those with a 0 (zero) Quality reading, Then into the Channel Edit and remove all except my favorites, then do a Blind (automatic??) scan to get updated transponder and channel info loaded. This way my fav's are listed first in the channel guide.
What other choices for a scan do you have. might shed light on what's what.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)