Congrats to the Giants

THAT, last night, is why you play the game. Both in college an pro football....I have seen WAY TOO MANY teams anoited "one of the greatest teams...."...blah, blah, blah.... Then what happens, come the BIG GAME...and they turn to....please MODS, excuse the language here....they turn to sh*t! I had mentioned in a sports thread somewhere, that during the regular season, you can have a great, amazing year....but if you don't with the BIG ONE...you will be an afterthought! HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FIVE times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE! 2 teams have gone 15-1 since the NFL went to a 16 games season....and NONE have won the Super Bowl! Can ya name them without googling? So for ALL the "experts" that the Giants had no chance....in a ONE GAME playoff/championship/elimination game.....ANYTHING can happen....

NO ONE has ever won a championship of ANY kind...on paper.

Again, that is why the game is played.....

The Steelers went 15-1 in Ben's first year and lost in the championship game against the Pats.

1202093926_9595.jpg

Close thread :D

12 men on the field isn't a judgment call like other penalties, it's something that can be easily reviewed and has been done before this season (Vikings/Skins game). A legal number of people on the field is reviewable:

Instant replay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grats to the Giants, and what a great game, unfortunately this season will only be remembered for dogfighting and Mike Vick instead of a historic 19-0 Patriots team. Some great accomplishments and records, but until anyone gets close to them again in a year or two this whole season will be forgotten outside of Giants fans.

- a Chiefs fan

Thanks for the clarification. Coming from a Chiefs fan, I know I can take that to the bank.:up

'85 Bears and '84 Niners went 15-1 in the regular season and won the Superbowl.

Yep...they did.....but the ones that have NOT....forgotten after thoughts....
AND that is my point completely....don't win the BIG GAME....you are just forgotten.....even with the great season

The play of the game had to be when Manning somehow escaped the sack, and hits that guy IN THE HELMET, and he hangs on, for a 36 yd. gain. Just incredible! Other than the last quarter, this game was a Super Bore. Biggest upset I've seen, since Namath and the Jets in SBIII. Didn't think Eli had it in him. But that guy kept his cool and made some great plays in that last drive. Congratulations, Eli and the New York Football Giants.

You're wrong on that point - the Bills' infamous losses in five Superbowls are frequently brought up in the media when the SuperBowl rolls around. :) And again, as much as their fans would like to forget it, the 2007-08 Patriots will be remembered because the went undefeated during the regular season, made it to the Superbowl, and lost to an underdog.
They were brought up until a few years ago but the last few years they have rarely been mentioned.

The play of the game had to be when Manning somehow escaped the sack, and hits that guy IN THE HELMET, and he hangs on, for a 36 yd. gain. Just incredible! Other than the last quarter, this game was a Super Bore. Biggest upset I've seen, since Namath and the Jets in SBIII. Didn't think Eli had it in him. But that guy kept his cool and made some great plays in that last drive. Congratulations, Eli and the New York Football Giants.
Yeah it was like the only escape he has ever made in his life. Even one of his team mates just now said he didnt expect it because Eli rarely gets out of a sack. :haha

Maybe it's me.....but I say if it's Peyton Manning at QB, that mad scramble by Eli...Peyton thrown the ball away instead of scrambling....

The redskins did it. 91-92 season :D

Nope. From Redskins.com:

Super Bowl XXVI
The Redskins capped perhaps the greatest season in franchise history on Jan. 26, 1992 . In a 37-24 win over the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVI at the Minneapolis Metrodome, Mark Rypien passed for 292 yards and two touchdowns to earn MVP honors, while a stifling defense led by Charles Mann, Wilber Marshall, Kurt Gouveia and Darrell Green limited Buffalo running back Thurman Thomas to just 13 yards on 10 carries. The Redskins finished 17-2 in 1991-92—the franchise's most wins ever in one season.

Just to have a little fun... here are some of the posts by Vurbano and his dearly Predictions. However, it is only fair that no one gave a chance to the Giants. Vurbano just made his point made more than anyone of the outcome of the game. :D

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/121955-super-bowl-2008-patriots-vs-giants-poll.html
The question should be "Pats by how many?"
?????

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/121875-another-mannning-superbowl.html
I say 52-10 New England. Eli throws 4 ints.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/121875-another-mannning-superbowl-2.html
With weeks to prepare for a QB that is still figuring out how to throw the ball, the Pats will crush the GNATS

THAT, last night, is why you play the game. Both in college an pro football....I have seen WAY TOO MANY teams anoited "one of the greatest teams...."...blah, blah, blah.... Then what happens, come the BIG GAME...and they turn to....please MODS, excuse the language here....they turn to sh*t! I had mentioned in a sports thread somewhere, that during the regular season, you can have a great, amazing year....but if you don't with the BIG ONE...you will be an afterthought! HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FIVE times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE! 2 teams have gone 15-1 since the NFL went to a 16 games season....and NONE have won the Super Bowl! Can ya name them without googling? So for ALL the "experts" that the Giants had no chance....in a ONE GAME playoff/championship/elimination game.....ANYTHING can happen....

NO ONE has ever won a championship of ANY kind...on paper.

Again, that is why the game is played.....

More people will remember the 2007 Patriots than any Raider team, ever.

The Pats Place in History..

The Pats are the 4th NFL team to come to the NFL title game unbeaten in any era. The teams are 1-3. Only Miami won. NE was the second team in the Super Bowl era.

The Cleveland Browns went unbeaten in the AAFC, then came into the NFL and won titles there.

People will remember this NE team as the team that missed out on an undefeated season. The Pats of the 00's will be remembered as the team of the decade and as one of the great teams of all time.

In the modern era, they rank with Cleveland, the Giants (50's), Green Bay (60's), Miami (early 70's), Pittsburgh (mid to late 70's), Dallas (70's), the Raiders (70's & 80), Washington (80's- early 90's), San Francisco (80's and early 90's), and Dallas (90's) again as teams which arguably are all time dynasties.

They will be remembered for their greatness, but if they don't go unbeaten in the future, this loss will be remembered for the lost opportunity at an unbeaten season.

Of course, "Spygate" investigations might change their legacy-- if there is anything to it.

I rooted for the Giants, but I felt bad for the Pats and their fans. To come so close to imoortality and come up so empty must be very deflating. I am sorry for Junior Seau.

Still, I am a Dolphin fan and rooted for the Giants. I am happy for Sam Madison, a truly great player who desreves a ring.

It took an incredible play (the pass to Tyree) for the Pats to lose. The Pats will be remembered as a dynasty which just missed anunbeaten season because of one of the most amazing plays in Super Bowl history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts