Congrats to the Giants

AND the a$$ho** coach will also go down as the as the most classless p**** this sport has ever seen, could not even shake hands in public with the winning coach....could not accept the loss like a man in public under all those cameras.

For the record, he did shake hands with and "half hug" Coughlin... but then he left the field BEFORE the game was over, after being told by at least two different officials that there was still one more play to run. And you're absolutely right about his interviews afterward - HORRIBLE all-around display of what it means to be a coach in the NFL. Win with dignity, lose with dignity - he doesn't do either.

Comparisons to the Bills and Vikings...

are wrong. The Brady-Pats are 3-1 in 4 Super Bowls over the last 7 years. The organization is 3-2 in 5 Super Bowls over 12 years. The Vikes and Bills each lost 4 Super Bowls.

If they never win another Super Bowl, the core of the Pats will be remembered as a great team which lost a Super Bowl with the chance to go unbeaten on the line.

As for the Bellichick era, he may be a jerk, but he has been a great coach at New England.

As for the 4th and 13 call, Bellichick obviously had no confidence in his kicker from that distance.

YEP.....none of the Raider teams were already crowning themselves champion BEFORE the games were played. YEP....none the Raiders teams EVER assumed they were better than the rest of the league. And YEP, the Raiders Super Bowl Champs were a bunch of misfits nobody wanted.....but they won, maybe hated, but definately respected.

Yep, the 2007 Patriots will now take over the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills as the biggest choke artists in the history of the NFL. AND the a$$ho** coach will also go down as the as the most classless p**** this sport has ever seen, could not even shake hands in public with the winning coach....could not accept the loss like a man in public under all those cameras.

Yep, you can have your 18-1 "also rans".....you deserve them!:rolleyes:

How are they bigger chokers than the 07 Colts, Cowboys and Packers? They lost one game, to a team they beat earlier, on a neutral field. Last I remember the core of this team has 2 Rings already and some have 3, unlike the Bills who didn't win sh*t.

The a$$hole coach put the team in position to win every week, I'll take that over a senile owner who is clueless about football, maybe the pats should hire a bed and breakfast owner to be the OC. And, Darryl Stingley said the team you root for has no class or respect, I tend to believe him.

Yeah 18-1 sucks but it is better than 4-12 or worse year after year after year.

How are they bigger chokers than the 07 Colts, Cowboys and Packers?

All of those teams also choked, for sure... but it's a different degree of choking. These Pats had not lost, and they were playing a Wild Card team in the SB. For most people, bigger expectations = bigger choke.

How are they bigger chokers than the 07 Colts, Cowboys and Packers? They lost one game, to a team they beat earlier, on a neutral field. Last I remember the core of this team has 2 Rings already and some have 3, unlike the Bills who didn't win sh*t.

The a$$hole coach put the team in position to win every week, I'll take that over a senile owner who is clueless about football, maybe the pats should hire a bed and breakfast owner to be the OC. And, Darryl Stingley said the team you root for has no class or respect, I tend to believe him.

Yeah 18-1 sucks but it is better than 4-12 or worse year after year after year.

You lost...get over yourself AND your team...the sun STILL came up the next day and you were STILL able to get up the next morning to go to work. You Boston fans, get a little taste of winning in the last few years and suddenly you guys have gotten even MORE arrogant the NY fans....and those sports fans have almost twice as many championships of any kind than your guys do.:rolleyes:
And I feel bad for Darryl Stingley, but he got hit, Tatutm apologized to him and HE has relatively moved....but you little Patsies cry babies are still whinning about it. HE has moved on to the best of his abilities....you guys should do the same. And as far as the won-loss record....no big deal, ALL teams have gone through it....you guys stunk up the place pretty badly not too long ago...one 1-15 a couple of 2-14 and alot a few 6, 7 and 8 wins seasons in the last 20 or so years. So YES, they have been a GREAT team the last 5-7 years....but before then, mediocre at best. The Raiders have had a tough time the last 4 years.....

You lost...get over yourself AND your team...the sun STILL came up the next day and you were STILL able to get up the next morning to go to work. You Boston fans, get a little taste of winning in the last few years and suddenly you guys have gotten even MORE arrogant the NY fans....and those sports fans have almost twice as many championships of any kind than your guys do.:rolleyes:
And I feel bad for Darryl Stingley, but he got hit, Tatutm apologized to him and HE has relatively moved....but you little Patsies cry babies are still whinning about it. HE has moved on to the best of his abilities....you guys should do the same. And as far as the won-loss record....no big deal, ALL teams have gone through it....you guys stunk up the place pretty badly not too long ago...one 1-15 a couple of 2-14 and alot a few 6, 7 and 8 wins seasons in the last 20 or so years. So YES, they have been a GREAT team the last 5-7 years....but before then, mediocre at best. The Raiders have had a tough time the last 4 years.....

1. They have 3 times as many teams as Boston.

2. He is DEAD. Thanks to a spear by Tatum. So killing a guy and being surley to the media are the same thing. So hard to move on from the grave, isn't it?

3. The Patriots are set up to be good for the long haul, they Raiders are set up to suck ass for a long long time.

The Pats are thoroughly exposed now. The first healthy team they meet in next years' playoffs will eliminate them. If their division didn't s*ck so bad, they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

1. They have 3 times as many teams as Boston.

2. He is DEAD. Thanks to a spear by Tatum. So killing a guy and being surley to the media are the same thing. So hard to move on from the grave, isn't it?

3. The Patriots are set up to be good for the long haul, they Raiders are set up to suck ass for a long long time.

Lets see....YES, ok...my mistakes, THREE TIMES more and yet you guys have now surpassed the Jets, Yankee and Knicks fans as the most obnoxious AND arrogant fans on the planet!! AND in record time:up....you must be proud:rolleyes:

Stingly, DID, AGAIN, moved on after an apology, though not immediately, but as he got older. HE HIMSELF called it "a freak accident". Some of the Raiders players after that game, including coach Madden became close friends with Darryl. Again, HE got over it....you guys should too!

The Raiders, because you only follow YOUR TEAM, just this year started setting up the franchise to succeed. Your Pats took a few to set-up the franchise. Nice try sunshine, the Patsies did not become great over night.:rolleyes:

Great insight, now I can tell you were a sports journalist.

Mediot like the rest.

Nope, I worked in media many moons ago. But I have become a smarter sports fan...a realist so speak, as opposed a homer that cannot see the truth and thinks and loves his team with his heart....and not with his head.;)

There is too much name calling...

in these posts. The Stingley/Tatum discusssion, the seterotyping of sports fans and the personal attacks are unseemly. If you cannot discuss issues without calling each other names, it weakens your position.

Maybe the pressure of being unbeaten got to New England; so what? That does not change their record over the last seven years and they are no different than 2 of the 3 other teams who reached the title game unbeaten and lost.

The Pats' loss underscores how great Miami's accomplishment was in going unbeaten in 1972. It affects the debate of where the Pats stand all time. For New England, it is the worst possible nightmare end to this season. That's all it means.

The bigger issue for the Pats' legacy is the ongoing inverstigation into Spygate with respect totheir prior seasons. For that, we will have to wait. Still, Mangini was on their staff three seasons ago, so it seems like the practice was long standing.

in these posts. The Stingley/Tatum discusssion, the seterotyping of sports fans and the personal attacks are unseemly. If you cannot discuss issues without calling each other names, it weakens your position.

Maybe the pressure of being unbeaten got to New England; so what? That does not change their record over the last seven years and they are no different than 2 of the 3 other teams who reached the title game unbeaten and lost.

The Pats' loss underscores how great Miami's accomplishment was in going unbeaten in 1972. It affects the debate of where the Pats stand all time. For New England, it is the worst possible nightmare end to this season. That's all it means.

The bigger issue for the Pats' legacy is the ongoing inverstigation into Spygate with respect totheir prior seasons. For that, we will have to wait. Still, Mangini was on their staff three seasons ago, so it seems like the practice was long standing.

...."goto Oprah....goto Oprah....goto Oprah...." Just kidding. ;) I agree with everything you say....but let's be realistic here...YES, any team can be beat on any given sunday, as the title of the movie goes. But if you are almost a 2 touchdown favorite....and you have what is considered by many, ESPECIALLY Pats fans, the 'greatest offense in the history of the NFL' and get shutdown and bitch-slapped at the line of scrimmage....you choked...there is no two ways about it. It could NOT be the pressure because they had been to the Super Bowl before, as the Pats fans and ALL the so called experts said OVER and OVER and OVER again, like it was just a formality that they were even playing the game.....AND they choked. But, I should not say that because I would not give the Giants their due. They outplayed the Pats where it counts most....in the trenches. The last time Brady laid on his back that much, he ended up having a son.....

If you follow the AFC East closely...

you would be aware Brady's worst games (until this season) were against Miami and the Giants obviously looked at that film or came up with a plan similar to Miami's plann. Their defense is built like Miami's was before last year. Like Miami (Taylor & Ogunlyeye and later Kevin Carter) until this year the Giants have terrific pass rushing ends and active linebackers. (Remember, too, CB Sam Madison went from Miami to NY a couple of years ago).

Their approach was to force the Pats tackles to block their ends1 on 1 and to cover short and tight. The Patriots' tackles are their weakest link (regardless of the Pro Bowl) which is 1 reason NE used the shotgun so extensively this year.

Madison played lock down coverage on whoever he had; you hardly saw him all night and the 1 time Brady threw downfield in his area, Madison almost intercepted the throw. (On the bubble screen that went for 18 yards, Stallworth pushed him off and Welker blocked him before the ball was thrown; pass interference since the throw was a forward pass).

I thought the game was great; it had great defense and the offenses had to make great plays to move the ball.

As for "choking," NE ran out of luck last night (Samuel dropped the clincing interception; Tyree's catch after Manning's escape) and choked a little (Hobbs should not have been looking in the backfield on the game winner).

This is the 4th time a team has gone unbeaten into an NFL title game unbeaten; those teams are 1-3. The 1972 Dolphins played a very sloppy game, but won. (The game was on NFL network last week; Miami had a TD called back for illegal procedure, a big pass called backon an inelgible man downfield penalty, an interception in the end zone and the Yepremium field goal pass). Jim Mandich said on his radio show that the Dolphins all had in the back of their minds a fear of what it meant to go 16-1. Still, Miami won.

The point spread reflected only public sentiment; I do not equate it with an assessment of the merits of the teams. The Giants were the worst matchup for the Pats (except the Colts with Freeny healthy).

I even have to believe that Peyton (who has played the Pats many times the past 4 years) had to be working with Eli to give him advice, and reads on the Pats defensive schemes.

Makes sense to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts