Congress and Distant Network packs?

joeman

Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Not seen alot of msg's since congress passed the distant networks HD thing. Anyone have any clue as to when Dish will get this rolling. I'll called cust.svc and all they did was try to sell me the new rec. coming out in Jan. I would gladly buy it if it meant that I could have NBC, ABC, and UPN. Anyone heard anything?

doesnt make a difference!!! e* IS GOING to take down the two dish system or CHARLIE the IDIOT has to sell!!! directv is shooting up two new super birds feb and may were talking 1500 hi def each . hey ergen, sux to be you . directv is gonna DESTROY echostar.. spot beam charlie, spot beam , cant afford it GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.

522,322, 501, superdish, legacy .......come on get a system and go with it , not FROM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert luzzi said:
doesnt make a difference!!! e* IS GOING to take down the two dish system or CHARLIE the IDIOT has to sell!!! directv is shooting up two new super birds feb and may were talking 1500 hi def each . hey ergen, sux to be you . directv is gonna DESTROY echostar.. spot beam charlie, spot beam , cant afford it GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.

522,322, 501, superdish, legacy .......come on get a system and go with it , not FROM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your information is faulty, numbers, dates, not even good troll material. :rolleyes:

NightRyder

LOL - Charlie may be a lot of things, but idiot isn't one of them.

Idiots don't go from C-Band hack to multimillionaire.

Oh - and can anyone out there tell me who started using spotbeams first? :rolleyes:

Well I know E put up a new sat month or two ago and another one due to launch the 17th of this month.

robert luzzi said:

oddd in syracuse e* has all their locals on one dish..but you need 2 dishes if you get d* :p

help

i was wondering if instead of adding a second antenna if it would be possible, in theory, to get cbs hd by rotating my current dish to the 61.5 location and change the setting in the menu for the dish 811. i usually only watch cbs on sundays for football, so i would only have to do this once a week. any help would be greatly appreciated.

mathius8 said:
i was wondering if instead of adding a second antenna if it would be possible, in theory, to get cbs hd by rotating my current dish to the 61.5 location and change the setting in the menu for the dish 811. i usually only watch cbs on sundays for football, so i would only have to do this once a week. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it should work but IMHO it would be way too much hassel. You would have to change the elevation and skew in addition to rotating the dish. Do yourself a favor and add the second dish. FYI if you subscribe to locals and live in an area where some of your channels are on 61.5 Dish will install the second dish for free.

NightRyder

need more help

unfortunately my wife will not let me add a second dish, my current dish is accessible without a ladder so it is easy to get to. exactly how hard is this to do, like i said earlier i would probably only do it for sports

mathius8 said:
unfortunately my wife will not let me add a second dish, my current dish is accessible without a ladder so it is easy to get to. exactly how hard is this to do, like i said earlier i would probably only do it for sports

mathius8: Check you PM for my reply's to your message. I will say again that temporarily re-aligning your dish is not worth the potential headaches.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts