Connect two (2) Hopper-3's and a Joey possible?

A lot of things how to connect two hopper3s are still not very clear...
That what i read so far is you cant see the tuners and the recording on the other hopper3 (like two-hopper2s before). It is mention also that you need two separate internet connections for the two hoppers3 to prevent MOCA cross-talk?

And to add to the previous post, you will need regular (non-hybrid) 1000.2 or 1000.4 LNB (actually 500 and 500+ DP and DPP LNBs works as well)
The exception to that, and Dish won't say it's authorized, is to use a Hybrid Duo Hub off the 42 Switch instead of 2 Solo Hubs, and apparently then, the hoppers will see each other. According to Dish, that will cause Moca issues, but I know there are guys on here that set it up like that and haven't had issues

The best way to do this--for others considering it, is to get Dish's approval for the 2nd H3 on the same account BEFORE you do anything because they have installed 2nd H3's--all parts to support TWO H3's and Joeys and all labor--for you either at the one-time upgrade or not and with the cost of you buy the 2nd H3 either through them (too expensive), or a 3rd party for the MSRP like on-line retailer many here have used. The One-time upgrade fee really is LESS expensive than getting all the support equipment yourself.

Dish is NOT likely to allow the 2nd H3 on the same account for new or more recent customers. Dish has made exceptions for customers who have been around more than a few years and customers who subscribe to the higher packages. If one does not meet those attributes, then the only other way NEW or recent customers have gotten a 2nd H3 activated at the same residence as the 1st H3 is for Dish to put the 2nd H3 on a SEPARATE account. Not the preferred option.

What I've heard is that Dish is ramping up production of the H3 and until inventories improve, they are avoiding installing and approving 2nd H3's on the same account.

From what I've read, it sounds like the OP did not line up approval before all this time and effort and money spent. This is Charlieville and Dish could very well still say, "NO!" for their own strange reasons to the 2nd H3 even if it cost Dish $0 in equipment and labor. Also, Dish may still insist on "installing" the whole darn thing because they want to do it right--of course contractors often don't do it right, anyway, but it would be on THEM--Dish--should things not work, but for them to trust a customer install and have to pay fix the mistakes (in Dish's view, not the the OP has made any mistakes) that will cost them money, anyway.

For anyone out there: has Dish changed its attitude? As a rule, it used to be that even if you bought and paid for all the equipment and performed the install yourself, only requiring a mere hit, Dish would still refuse to authorize the 2nd H3 on the SAME account, but would send the hit if you put the 2nd H3 on a SEPARATE account.

The exception to that, and Dish won't say it's authorized, is to use a Hybrid Duo Hub off the 42 Switch instead of 2 Solo Hubs, and apparently then, the hoppers will see each other. According to Dish, that will cause Moca issues, but I know there are guys on here that set it up like that and haven't had issues

I've got 3 Hopper 3's that all see each other. The client ports on the solo hubs are all connected.

Can you post some pictures, if you dont mind?

The wiring picture is my office. We do the wiring at customer's houses much, much neater. :)

IMG_20180409_123512337.jpg IMG_20180409_123724778.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180409_123405737.jpg
    IMG_20180409_123405737.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 286
:) Thats a serious business :)

For how many TVs are those 3 hoppers (how many joeys)
Is it a home setup?

How did you had connected the internet?
Only one hopper feeding the rest of them or each one of them?
Did you had to create dedicated networks for them like Dish recommends?

Reactions: JSheridan
:) Thats a serious business :)

For how many TVs are those 3 hoppers (how many joeys)
Is it a home setup?

How did you had connected the internet?
Only one hopper feeding the rest of them or each one of them?
Did you had to create dedicated networks for them like Dish recommends?

Besides the three Hopper 3's all that wiring also supports three Hopper 2's, a Super Joey, 2 Joeys, 2 Genies and a few HR24's. There's about 20 or more TV's in the house, shop and offices.

Two of the Hopper 3's have their own internet connections to the main DSL router and one is connected to a Viasat network. The Hopper 2's are all connected to a different network and a different DSL connection. I have one Hopper 2 and Super Joey and the other two Hopper 2's and the Hopper 3's on all separate MoCA networks so they don't see each other. The Super Joey can't be on any kind of network with more than one Hopper 2 as it gets confused. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts