Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am getting word that WTIC, WCCT and WEDH will be reducing Power and moving to an interim antenna system on Friday July29th.

This will stay in effect until WTIC and WCCT switch over to their new antennas and increase power on August 2nd.

WEDH (CPTV) will not switch to a new antenna and increase power until January 17, 2020. (CPTV is trying to get approval to move to Phase 4 and be online on their new antenna and raise power on August 2nd , but they dont have approval yet)

WHPX (ION TV) will move antenna location from New London to Rattlesnake Mountain in Farmington on August 2nd on Channel 28 (Virtual Channel 26)

People in Connecticut will need to rescan their televisions on August 2nd and January 17th, 2020.

Reactions: spongella
Just got an update to what I posted yesterday...

The schedule has changed, WTIC, WCCT & WEDH will switch to the interim aux antenna and reduce power next Monday April 1st.

And now you know too.
smile.gif

Just another update. I got word just a few minutes ago that WTIC Fox 61 will be going off the air TONIGHT at Midnight and will be switching to the new transmitter and interm antenna

If all goes well it will stay like this however if there are issues it will get switched back so they can work on it all weekend then get switched again on Monday with the other stations.

Here is the latest schedule for station channel transition:

Today at 1PM:

WTIC
WCCT
WVIT
WFSB

Friday at 4PM:

WHPX (ION Television)
WEDH (CPTV) if their transmitter is ready for air. Will stay on 45 otherwise until ready.

If my schedule permits I may be at Rattlesnake Mountain when the changes are made today. :)

Reactions: navychop and Trip
T-Mobile is about to be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

The change of broadcast location of WHPX to Farmington and the RF 28 channel change are two reasons why I now receive 26.1 through 26.6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts