Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's Tax Day and I understand that "Tea Parties" are happening all around the country.

I just looked out my office window and was surprised at what I saw. So I grabbed my camera and took some pictures.

Below is the Connecticut State Capitol and all the people having their "Tea Party"

The shot was taken from my office window which is on the 29th floor.

I sent a few of these pics over to our local NBC station. Looks like they might use them on the 5 and 6pm news. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0643.JPG
    DSC_0643.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0647.JPG
    DSC_0647.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0654.JPG
    DSC_0654.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 196
It's not as much about a "tax protest" as you might be led to believe. More of a "the government is out of control, too intrusive, and spending too much money" thing.

I was wondering what was going on at our state capital. I'm on a 7th floor of another state building that looks down on the capital building grounds.

It will be interesting to see how the main stream media reports about the Tea Parties tonite. If these large rallies were promoting Gay Marriage they would be lead stories on CBS, NBC, ABC.

Let this be the start of a new beginning I hope. I admire these people.

Remember, A handout is what you get from the Government, A hand up is what you get from friends.

And just look at that Connecticut State Capitol. Looks like a Kings Castle. That speaks volumes.

Indeed, while everyone else is scrimping to get buy, government officials build new offices and monuments to themselves.

Jeeez... I just looked out my office window and the entire front steps of our capital is covered. I've never seen so many people out there. And the steps are by no means small at all... I'll grab some pics with the phone.

Sorry for the quality...someone forgot to clean the lens before he took the pictures ;)

But there you have it... Tallest State Capitol Building in the United States.

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 145
Jeeez... I just looked out my office window and the entire front steps of our capital is covered. I've never seen so many people out there. And the steps are by no means small at all... I'll grab some pics with the phone.

Sorry for the quality...someone forgot to clean the lens before he took the pictures ;)

But there you have it... Tallest State Capitol Building in the United States.

for a camera phone those look good

Let this be the start of a new beginning I hope. I admire these people.

Remember, A handout is what you get from the Government, A hand up is what you get from friends.

And just look at that Connecticut State Capitol. Looks like a Kings Castle. That speaks volumes.
I think that has more to do with CT being of the original 13 colonies and being "built" by England than the state government's feeling of self-righteousness.

for a camera phone those look good

I'm still toying with the tons of camera settings on this phone. But after I took the pics I looked at the lens and saw this huge smear of gunk on the lens. The camera does pretty well for a phone. It's only 3.2 megapixel.

Little do these people know but inside that building they're working on "protester tax " bill .

I showed this picture to my co-worker and he said "That is so stupid". I then told him they might increase the tax on beer and he said" That's it , I'm going downtown. "

Some of the things said from from inside the building.

"Release the hounds"

"Call our lawyer and ask him if we just shoot them in the leg can they sue us?"

" I thought we had a people mover bulldozer"

Status
Not open for further replies.