Connecticut Voomers thread

pmalve said:
I have the same problem. I emailed voom but got no response. If I can get this straightened out I will have all the networks. Surprised I got Channel 3. That was a bonus. Heard a lot of horror stories about trying to get it. I figure if I can get 3 than 61 should be fine. I get 20 that is broadcasting from the same tower. Channel 20's transmitter is lower on the tower than 61. I wish there was a way to scan because I think Voom reciever tunes in the wrong channel when we turn on 61.

I put a call into VOOM yesterday, Tech is suppose to be calling me back I will let you know how I make out. I am recieving wfsb also, on the fringe though 30 to 40% signal. There tower should go full power soon.

I sent email to Wilt saying how there are more than 1 of us having trouble with WTIC. Will let you know if I get a response.

What local channel mappings do we get by default? I ask because the only digital ABC station close to me is actually out of Springfield. I can get it via my set's tuner if I have to, but that would annoy me :). Anyone have the rundown?

madpoet said:
What local channel mappings do we get by default? I ask because the only digital ABC station close to me is actually out of Springfield. I can get it via my set's tuner if I have to, but that would annoy me :). Anyone have the rundown?
According to Voom,you get the channels that are in your dma. If in the hartford market you will get channel 8. To get channel 40 you have to be in springfield market. I don't think channel 40 does HD, just digital. Channel 8 does HD although they have a problem with their audio sync alot. They are supposed to add capabilities to add channels. Don't know when though.

Well, that sucks. Guess I'll just use my internal tuner on my set when I need to get the Springfield stuff. Ah well.

madpoet said:
Well, that sucks. Guess I'll just use my internal tuner on my set when I need to get the Springfield stuff. Ah well.

You should give Channel 8 a try. They seem to have their act together in the HD/Digital arena. They do seem to cover most of Connecticut quite well.

Wtic?

Can anyone in CT recieve WTIC on their Voom reciever? I am working with tech support and they changed some mpeg config but I still don't get it. Was wondering if anyone else gets it . I know somebody said they could get it with their Directv receiver but not their voom receiver which makes me think it is the receiver. I get all the other Ct stations so I don't think it is my antenna setup. I was thinking of going to Sears and buy a Samsung tuner just to try it and then return it. Just to prove that I am able to receive it. I get WTXX no problem and they broadcast from lower on the tower than WTIC. I even get WFSB even though I know that is from a different tower I think they are really low power. Thanks for your help.

pmalve said:
Can anyone in CT recieve WTIC on their Voom reciever? I am working with tech support and they changed some mpeg config but I still don't get it. Was wondering if anyone else gets it . I know somebody said they could get it with their Directv receiver but not their voom receiver which makes me think it is the receiver. I get all the other Ct stations so I don't think it is my antenna setup. I was thinking of going to Sears and buy a Samsung tuner just to try it and then return it. Just to prove that I am able to receive it. I get WTXX no problem and they broadcast from lower on the tower than WTIC. I even get WFSB even though I know that is from a different tower I think they are really low power. Thanks for your help.

Interesting. I've never been able to get them with my Voom setup.

Well, I am getting my Voom installed on Monday the 29th in AM. I got an email from Installs Inc and we will see if they show up. I always do my own installs as I do not trust any installers so this is making me a little nervous.

Yes, but who's the subcontractor :). Just curious. Signalvision is doing mine, but even then they subcontracted to yet another local person.

pmalve said:

OK I hooked up samsung receiver and WTIC is coming in fine so I know it is Voom receiver. Was also shocked to get WCBS,WNYW and WWOR out of NYC 75 miles away. Can't wait till Voom adds scanning so I can add these channels. WPIX broadcasts on channel 12, the same as WTXX. Surprised the FCC put channels on the same frequency. Would have liked to watch baseball on WPIX this summer. WPIX broadcasts some games in HD.

madpoet said:
PM, I'm sure you told me at one point, but what are you using for your OTA antenna?

Channel Master 3671 VHF/UHF combo and Channel Master7777 preamp. About 18' above roof. My wife says I should get alien channels. :)

Wow, 18'? I think my wife would hang me from it if I tried to mount my antenna that high :)

I was going to go 25 but I compromised. I went high because I am in a little bit of a valley for the hartford stations. Must of worked as I get WFSB solid no dropouts. By turning antenna towards New York I get WCBS which doesnt seem to have audio problems WFSB has. When the rest of New York channels go to full power I will probobly watch those as I can leave antenna in 1 place. I highly recomend the 7777 preamp. I have cable split to 2 recievers right now, as the Voom tech is trying to get my WTIC to work, and I still get WFSB even with signal loss from splitter. After putting up antenna she didn't even flinch when I changed dish to 30" . After 29 years she is used to me. Can't wait until Voom adds the scanning feature for ota channels so I can put Ny channels in favorite list.

Yeah, we've talked before. I think I'm only going to be a mile or two away from you once we move in to Manchester. It's definately an ugly area for OTA reception :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)