Connecticut Voomers thread

Sounds like a plan then. I am really enjoying the other stations I'm getting. My father was amazed that the HD Masters broadcast we watched yesterday was coming in over the antenna on the roof.

madpoet said:
Anyone know a place around Hartford to get a CM 7777 amp?

I got mine in West Hartford at Signal Electronics. I think it is on Park Ave but not positive. I think I paid about 35.00 for it. He gave me wholesale prices as I bought antenna,rotor, mast, wire all together. It cost me about 300 for everything because I bought a big CM VHF/UHF combo antenna.

Ahh, I know the place. May have to swing by. Anyone else get hideous rain fade during the showers yesterday?

madpoet said:
Ahh, I know the place. May have to swing by. Anyone else get hideous rain fade during the showers yesterday?

I lost picture for a couple of seconds once during thunderstorm. Before I changed to 30" dish I couldn't watch even in a light rain. Couldn't watch WFSB though. I think that when they go to full power that won't be a issue as WVIT and WTNH were fine.

Am I the only one who thinks its a little crazy that CBS puts their main programming on 3.2 instead of 3.1? For isntance this weekend I went to tape the game off of Voom with my Replay. For some reason it was shown on 3.2. Unfortunately the Replay doesn't recognize sub channels, so I completely missed it. Is there some reason for doing this?

madpoet said:
Am I the only one who thinks its a little crazy that CBS puts their main programming on 3.2 instead of 3.1? For isntance this weekend I went to tape the game off of Voom with my Replay. For some reason it was shown on 3.2. Unfortunately the Replay doesn't recognize sub channels, so I completely missed it. Is there some reason for doing this?
It has something to do with the receiver. Samsung receivers map it the opposite way. HD on 3.1 and Springfield on 3.2

It has??? Woohoo! Only 1 channel short of dropping cable then (ESPN). Is this a software fix that we have to wait for, or somethign Fox did?

-MP

WTIC is fixed! Just need to be able to get other dma and then I can get PBS from Bridgeport and I will have all CT OTA stations. Sure beats Charter cable and their one network channel. ESPN and we are set. My receiver also seems much more stable with new software.

Sean Mota said:
I do not think so. It will come along with the PG to your box. Is that what happened, pmalve?
Yes, they deleted the 5 subchannels that they tried and must of found the one that works. PG just shows one WTIC now.

Ok, thanks. Your last message about a more stable code had me a little confused. BTW, I asked for and am receiving a larger dish to deal with the rain fade. Go Voom :).

Hey I was just playing with the VOOM box and notice I am getting WTIC Fox 61 Now (Yippie!)

I am not getting all the locals that VOOM Lists (Of course I am missing all the Springfield Stations) the only local I am missing now is WHPX and thats because that one is FAR away. :D

Eh, 61 is very in and out for me. My CM7777 comes this week though, so I'm hoping it clears up my issue with it and with NBC-30.

On another ntoe... does anyone else use Voom on a 4:3 standard TV? On all of the local broadcasts, I get pillared content regardless of whether it is in HD or not. Is that the Voom box or the way they are broadcasting?

Let Voom install it. If it doesn't work, you can pester them for a larger model. The only thing I would recommend is that you go out and buy a CM rotor, then pay your installer a little extra to hook it up as well. Unless, unlike me, you LIKE being up on the roof :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)