Connecticut Voomers thread

What do you have for an antenna? I wouldnt mind putting one up on the roof but what a waste If I cant get anything. I guess I wouldt know unless I try.

Do you have any suggestions for a "violet" antenna? I wouldnt know where to begin. Are their installers in CT that would install? Again I am a big time newbie.

Thanks for the previous reply.

The Voom installer will install an antenna. Mine is a nice one, but with the hills and trees in the way I'm screwed for signal.

I have a feeling I wont get anything from the antenna they install because of the serious hill directly behind the house.. I guess I should try it first, then go from there.

So are you saying you just go without locals? I was thinking of keeping Comcast for locals but adding it all up it gets expensive.

Is your antenna the one VOOM installed?

I had locals until the leaves grew in ;(. Right now I still have basic locals from Cox for $12 a month.

Well, I've got my antenna up on a 10' mast now guy wired to my roof. My wife's initial reaction was full of words that I can't say here ;). But it eliminated a lot of my skip problems, and I can finally get all the locals. Yeah me!

While I can get WGBY on my VOOM box, it is not picking up WGGB or WWLP which come in near 100 signal on my Dish 921's.

No programming information on WGBY, just 5 channels listed (although only 4 are showing anything)

Anyone here able to lock in WWLP in Springfield?

It comes in 98 on my signal meter but when I do the scan it does not find it.

Still haven't gotten the upgrade to check, even though my boxes have been targeted for three days...

Scott,

It sounds like you're reading the signal from their analog station which is 3390KW. Their digital transmitter is only 0.75KW.

Nope.

I get both their Digital and Analog stations on my Dish 921's fine (and my signal is peaked out on WWLP Digital) (I also get WGBY out of Springfield with no problem)

I am getting a better antenna installed Monday. Will post the whole list of channels that I can find with the rotator.

Anyone in SW CT using the Stealth? I'm in Fairfield, and wondering what the OTA performance is like? I'm most interested in WTXX, as it will have UConn coverage, and I would HATE to have to get ESPN Full Court to get my games. (keep in mind fairfield county isn't eligible for Hartford locals on any dbs system, as we are in the NYC DMA)

hancox said:
Anyone in SW CT using the Stealth? I'm in Fairfield, and wondering what the OTA performance is like? I'm most interested in WTXX, as it will have UConn coverage, and I would HATE to have to get ESPN Full Court to get my games. (keep in mind fairfield county isn't eligible for Hartford locals on any dbs system, as we are in the NYC DMA)

I think you would have trouble with the stealth getting WTXX. It doesnt broadcast at too high a power and uses a transmitter that is the lowest one on the tower. They were supposed to build a combiner antenna for WTXX/WTIC and I think the PBS station from Hartford. PBS was holding them up as they are trying to get a different channel to transmit on. Scott probobly knows more about this as he works for Co that owns towers. After WFSB, which I lost now that the trees are grown in, WTXX is the weakest station I get. I live in Bethlehem 20 miles from towers. Luckily with new software I get WCBS from NYC, 75 miles away. With stealth I didn't even get a blip of signal on WTXX. Changed to CM3671 with CM7777 preamp.

*bump*

Also - *possibly* good news. I'm waiting on an OTA antenna installer to come out and get the wineguard out of my bedroom (yeah, my wife loves that!). :) Fiddling around with OTA after 269 on the E* 811, and I'm getting fairly strong, but multipathed, signal on WVIT! This would be a total shock to me, thought I had no chance of getting anything from CT except WTNH.

Yup my company owns the tower on Rattlesnake Mountain which houses WTIC-TV, WTIC-DT WTXX-DT and a few other things.

I haven't talked to Arnold in a few weeks but I know they were waiting for town approval to put up the Candelobra on the top of the antenna so that WTIC, WTXX and WEDH could all be on the top of the tower at full power.

My boss is a huge HDTV fan and would love to have had this work done a long time ago, but from where I sit the entire things is based on politics.

I will dig more and see what I can find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)