connecting a 510 to the back of an 811

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi all,

I'm about to get a 510 in a couple of weeks. So, I was thinking, instead of connecting it to my TV directly, I thought about connecting it to one of my 811 inputs (like I currently do with my VCR) so that I don't have to be messing around with changing my TV inputs. Has anybody tried that? Not sure if that's possible (sorry if it's a stupid question) due to some sort of receiver incompatibility?

Thanks,

No...it's been done...results? YMMV...! I recommend using a seperate input to your monitor.

Jason

508 DVR and 6000 feeding HDTV

I have a 508 and 6000 feeding my HDTV. I connect the 1080i component output from the 6000 to the 1080i component input on my HDTV. The SD SVHS output from the 6000 goes to the SVHS2 input on my HDTV. The SVHS output from the 508 goes to the SVHS1 input on the HDTV. The RCA AV output from the 508 feeds my VCR, which is connected to the AV1 input on the HDTV. The 480p output from my DVD is connected to the 480p component input of the HDTV. I switch the video with my TV remote and the audio with my Dolby Digital receiver remote. It sounds complex, but it works very well.

I'm thinking about selling my 6000 and buying a 921, but have decided to wait and see what E*, D*, and Voom do with HD during the next few months before I commit more money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts