connecting dishdvr522 to my home network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrbillyvee

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
[/FONT]I have Dish Network dishdvr522 dvr unit. I don't really have a means to run phone cable all the way from another room to the dvr box. I'd like to connect it to my home wi-fi network, and have it connect via internet. I know this is possible, since the dvr communicates via phone line. Is there any way I can connect through my home network ? Does the dvr have internet capability? I have a friend who has a dvr of another brand, and he can interact with his dvr via internet. How far am I away from accomplishing this? :confused:

mrbillyvee said:
[/FONT]I have Dish Network dishdvr522 dvr unit. I don't really have a means to run phone cable all the way from another room to the dvr box. I'd like to connect it to my home wi-fi network, and have it connect via internet. I know this is possible, since the dvr communicates via phone line. Is there any way I can connect through my home network ? Does the dvr have internet capability? I have a friend who has a dvr of another brand, and he can interact with his dvr via internet. How far am I away from accomplishing this? :confused:
You may have DISH Notwerk and not know the difference between the two services, THANK YOU for posting in the forum that has correctly working DVRS. Now you might want to consider leaving DISH NOTWERK and getting D* the service with working receivers. :(

mrbillyvee said:
I have a friend who has a dvr of another brand, and he can interact with his dvr via internet. How far am I away from accomplishing this? :confused:

Very far.
Dish DVRs can't connect through network at all.
DirecTV DVRs of select models can be hacked to connect through the network out of the box. It's rather difficult and not recommended for novices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts